GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rebel Strike"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Rebel Strike'.
Fri 07/11/03 at 19:07
Regular
The Force is strong in this one sense can I

Oh and the Disco ball camp fest Factor 5 logo....
Fantastic.
Fri 07/11/03 at 19:07
Regular
The Force is strong in this one sense can I

Oh and the Disco ball camp fest Factor 5 logo....
Fantastic.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
You should try going to the arcade. More of the same except it's a disco. In a hangar. With Darth Vader. And a Remixed Star Wars Theme.
Fri 07/11/03 at 22:55
Regular
Arc...ade?

And I know, just thought it was cool is all.
Sat 08/11/03 at 12:19
Regular
Heh, I love the Factor 5 intros, they rock. Been playing it for a while now, wasn't impressed by the first walking section on the first level, but the Speeder level's amazing. Those things are so fast and the on-foot bits are actually quite fun.

I thought it'd be crap.
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Rickoss wrote:
>
> I thought it'd be crap.

Why did you buy it then ?
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:11
Regular
Bouhgt it ages ago when I was actually excited about it. Glad I couldn't be bothered to cancel my order now.
Mon 10/11/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive just got it. And it is pretty poor really! Im surprised! The on foot levels are diabolical! It is literally exactly the same as the last one which was amaizng and theres no doubt about it, but its dated now and the repetetive format of the missions is quite anoying. There have been no additions to the wingman calling system, or the general layout of the menues.

Factor 5 had the chance to make some seriously outstanding on foot levels after the shambles of clone wars but no! it is litterally exactly the same pointless formatt! run around as stiff as a monkey and take on masses upon masses of uninteligent enemies.

The speeder levels arnt good either! The thought of traveling on a speeder bike at over 200 mph is one of the most appealing things baout star wars rebel strike but they ahve really failed to caputre the speed and intensity of it. its justa matter of steering, boosting and breaking!

I expected more from the Rogue squadron franchise but it looks like its days are up. To be honest if the series is shifted to the xbox it will be no great loss to cube owners as i feel weve filled our boots with it as much as we could and now it is worn out by the power of its predoccessors.
Mon 10/11/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Garlic bread?"
I got it on saturday, but after a few days of play, i decided that im going to return it tomorrow.

The flying bits are fine, its exactly what you'd expect from a Rogue Squadron title (althou is it me, or do the tie fighters sometimes appear jerky?), and i love the ATST/ATAT sections. But the on foot sections are a joke! The jedi training level in particular, which sees you hap-hazardly jumping from island to island is criminally poor!

In all, its not a bad game really, but i just dont think its worth £40, especially when that can be spent on one of the quality titles that are looming on the horizon. i may get it again when i see it for £20. But not before!
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> To be honest if the series is shifted to the xbox it
> will be no great loss to cube owners

*sigh*

How much do *RUMOURS* want to be;

A) Mis-read
B) Spread

?!!!!!!
Wed 12/11/03 at 21:36
Regular
I'll pick it up in about 6 months when it's cheap!

You can already get Metroid for less than £20! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.