GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME Rebel Strike Scam exploited"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Rebel Strike'.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
Yep, it's true.

The Free bonus disk that you get free when you order Rebel Strike is indeed a load of crap.

Unless you're looking for a trailer of Gladius or some Concept Art (woot)
then you're better off not to have the bonus disk at all.

Of Course, it does come with a demo of the game you just bought (useful) and the Atari Star Wars Game, but these are both available on the Rebel Strike Game. So you're not missing out on anything. Clever eh...?

I feel shortchanged...damn GAME, you have been exploited.
Fri 07/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
Yep, it's true.

The Free bonus disk that you get free when you order Rebel Strike is indeed a load of crap.

Unless you're looking for a trailer of Gladius or some Concept Art (woot)
then you're better off not to have the bonus disk at all.

Of Course, it does come with a demo of the game you just bought (useful) and the Atari Star Wars Game, but these are both available on the Rebel Strike Game. So you're not missing out on anything. Clever eh...?

I feel shortchanged...damn GAME, you have been exploited.
Fri 07/11/03 at 21:26
Regular
You get the money back when you buy the game.

Therefore, you pay nothing for it.
Fri 07/11/03 at 21:43
Regular
It's not the money that bothers me.

"Pre-order and purchase Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike from GAME now and receive an Exclusive Limited Edition Bonus Disc. We are the only UK website that can offer you this disc - use the Force and move quickly, this is a whilst stocks last offer! Your Rebel Strike Bonus Disc will be dispatched with your copy of the game. Please note this offer is NOT restricted to UK residents.
The Bonus Disc contains Atari's Star Wars arcade game from 1982 playable on the Nintendo GameCube, Rebel Strike single-player demo and Bonus Content such as Game Trailers, Concept Art and more! "

It's that.
Fri 07/11/03 at 22:42
Regular
And it contains exactly what it is advertised as.
Fri 07/11/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Touched!"
Edgy wrote:
> And it contains exactly what it is advertised as.

Hey Edgy..any chance of game selling me the Mario Kart bundle a day early? eh?! ;)
Fri 07/11/03 at 22:47
Regular
Only if other shops do it first - there's the small matter of fines that retailers don't like to have...

You never know though...
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:08
Regular
"Touched!"
Edgy wrote:
> Only if other shops do it first - there's the small matter of fines
> that retailers don't like to have...
>
> You never know though...

you work there right? do you offer much for trade in of PC games? i wanna trade in halo and raven shield u see..against my cube next week
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:11
Regular
Game offers nothing for PC trade ins...they don't take them.

btw: If ye want to know things like that - email me, for I don't want to advertise the company I work for on here, as honouring the request from SR not to advertise competitors on these forums.
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Touched!"
ok ta, i'll take them elsewhere then, cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.