GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beta Testing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Oops..."
Hi, does anyone have any good tips to start beta testing games, or know how you register to become a tester, as I'm looking to become one but I have no idea where to start.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Strange, I've heard that senior games testers earn upwards of £50k a year...
Mon 10/11/03 at 19:15
Regular
Some people do testing all their lives, even though it doesn't pay much.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well from what I've seen of this Steel Batallion one it's basically playing the game as normal and just letting Capcom know every week about anything you have come across. So it's not playing them to actually look for bugs, it's playing them to see if there are any, and for free as well I might add.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:43
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Or alternatively, it's a chance to play, for free, the latest games before they're released.

Each to his own.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Beta testing would do my head in. Playing something *looking* for bugs and imbalances is just gay.

What's hilarious is that BETA testers are often found in IRC boasting about how '1337' they are.

Bunch of persistent vegetables.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Another excellent site to look at is:

http://www.gamespp.com/betatestinggames/
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:42
Regular
It's best to just go on the websites of developers/publisher's and sort it out.

Or.

http://www.games-tester.com/
Sun 09/11/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
As far as I know the best way to do it is to trawl game's publishers websites and keep an eye out for news of one, bearing in mind that 1000's enter for every one there is, your chances are pretty small. I've got onto the Capcom Steel Batallion Lines of Contact because I'm on the email list and found out about it that way, but they picked 100 people from everyone who entered, so the chance of getting on it was really small. Plus, whilst you do get to play a game miles earlier than everyone else (in most cases) you can't talk about it with anyone.
Sun 09/11/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Oops..."
Hi, does anyone have any good tips to start beta testing games, or know how you register to become a tester, as I'm looking to become one but I have no idea where to start.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.