GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation Move"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/03/10 at 15:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This is not the Wii...

It's not. It's the Move. From Playstation.

Info here

...honest, not the Wii
Sat 03/04/10 at 18:05
Regular
HM wrote:
> (and the controller thing...I think Ann Summers sell them as
> well...)

hahaha!
Sat 03/04/10 at 17:47
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Did anyone see the other MOVE video, with a Sony rep basically taking the mick out of Natal and the Wii?

Saw that (along with the Harry Potter-esque controllers) and instantly thought Sony were shockingly bad for stooping that low (and the controller thing...I think Ann Summers sell them as well...)
Sat 03/04/10 at 17:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
I just think companies are barking up the wrong tree. Think about it, the ultimate goal in motion gaming is that you'll be in a virtual reality suit and have life-like graphics, which at that point, real life becomes useless. Bit OTT I will admit, but dare I say it, in reality, that's what the epicentre of the whole motion experience is.

And Machie, I verily concur, my Wii never gets used.
Sat 03/04/10 at 17:22
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
To be honest, it seems to me that its criticism for the sake of well criticism. How many ways do you think motion tracking can work? Naturally all 3 (or even 4 if you want to include the EyeToy) are going to have similarities.
Sat 03/04/10 at 17:21
Regular
Welcome to the forum Gemma. :¬)

Have many had the same experience as me? You buy a Wii, you enjoy it, but then you can't be bothered and just leave it to gather dust.

So I'm not sure how many will want to buy a Natal or Move having tried and abandoned something similar. I suppose the games would have to be really good to tempt people to try it.
Sat 03/04/10 at 16:38
Regular
I was going to add, as Chris has, that the majority of Wii's do seem to be for children, or women who like the fitness games (not being sexist, it's just based on what I've seen!)

I doubt those same groups will shell out more for a PS3... when the Wii has so many of the games out there, for a fraction of the price. I think it's only a smaller part of the market that's actually bothered about excellent graphics, proven by how popular the Wii and DS is.

I did think that Sony would at least make something that doesn't look exactly like the Wii's set up though. Did they think that big blue thing would make it seem different?!
Sat 03/04/10 at 11:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
Haha fair enough, but I'll bet the majority of Wii users are children. Nintendo are the only company that really caters for young gamers now.

Forgot to add on, this is probably why the Playstation Move is highly unlikely to reach the same amount of sales as the Wii. If I was Sony, I'd be focusing on the PS4 instead of tapping into a market which Nintendo is dominating.

But I'm not Sony, so I can't do anything about it. I don't even have a PS3, was pretty worthless me throwing my chip into this thread, I'm not particularly bothered :P
Sat 03/04/10 at 09:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Have to agree with Garin here Chris. I don't think Sony is going to look at a chart of Wii sales outsripping them and XBox, then look at a chart saying "But Chris doesn't want to Move" and choose the second chart :D

I see your point but believe me it is not shared by the majority, at least I don't think so. Even I like to have a little go on the Wii every now and then.

Of course the two big boys were going to copy the Wii at some point. Just suprised it's been this long. Undoubtedly Nintendo had some "tr" in place to stop them I guess.

The only thing that annoys me about this, is with all the vast money and intelligence Sony have.... they couldn't even be remotely bothered to even attempt to make it not look like a Wii setup. ?????
Sat 03/04/10 at 01:17
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hmm....I doubt any business is going to look at nearly 70million Wii sales and think gamers have no appetite for this sort of thing. Even if the core market isnt that interested theres clearly a vast casual one they can tap into.
Fri 02/04/10 at 22:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
When are these companies going to realise that the majority of gamers don't like to move? That's usually the reason why they're on a console in the first place... again, I reiterate, if I wanted to play tennis, I'd buy a racquet and go to the local courts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.