GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X2 Snowboarding - iPhone /iPod Touch"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'X2 Snowboarding'.
Wed 10/03/10 at 15:29
"possibly impossible"
Not Board
There aren’t that many snowboarding games on the iPhone, even fewer good ones. Thankfully, X2 is one of these, in fact it’s the best Snowboarding game I’ve played in a while.

Tricky?
If you’ve ever played one of the early SSX games then you’ve got a good idea of what to expect here. The game is designed for fun over realism and this works in its favour. Who wants to hit the snow every few minutes and end up with a screen full of powder? Not me, I’d rather be jumping and pulling off cool stunts.

You start off with a bunch of players from different countries, much like SSX, and need to get down the slope, jumping ramps and performing tricks to gain boost and points. The tricks also unlock Achievements which you can view from the main menu,

Rewind
If you’ve done well you can always replay your run, Gran Turismo syle, down the slope. It’s a cool feature that you can use to show off to your mates.

Touching
Controls are tilt based for steering and acceleration, tilting forward to crouch (and go faster). 3 icons on the left and right let you jump, perform tricks and finally boost when you’ve built up your boost bar with tricks. Pressing on the board while in the air will make your rider hold on to it as well.

After a couple of goes this control system really comes into its own and becomes pretty intuitive.

Viva la Vista
The graphics are pretty good for a portable game and even at high speed everything is clear with some good draw distances. You get snow falling gently down the screen while you play, it might seem like something insignificant but it really adds to the feel of the game.

It’s Snow bad game
X2 is not just the best snowboarding game on the iPhone/touch it’s also one of the best games on the app store, sitting happily next to Real Racing and Peggle as a constant entry in the Top 25 games. I’d recommend it to anyone with an iDevice.

10/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 10/03/10 at 15:29
"possibly impossible"
Not Board
There aren’t that many snowboarding games on the iPhone, even fewer good ones. Thankfully, X2 is one of these, in fact it’s the best Snowboarding game I’ve played in a while.

Tricky?
If you’ve ever played one of the early SSX games then you’ve got a good idea of what to expect here. The game is designed for fun over realism and this works in its favour. Who wants to hit the snow every few minutes and end up with a screen full of powder? Not me, I’d rather be jumping and pulling off cool stunts.

You start off with a bunch of players from different countries, much like SSX, and need to get down the slope, jumping ramps and performing tricks to gain boost and points. The tricks also unlock Achievements which you can view from the main menu,

Rewind
If you’ve done well you can always replay your run, Gran Turismo syle, down the slope. It’s a cool feature that you can use to show off to your mates.

Touching
Controls are tilt based for steering and acceleration, tilting forward to crouch (and go faster). 3 icons on the left and right let you jump, perform tricks and finally boost when you’ve built up your boost bar with tricks. Pressing on the board while in the air will make your rider hold on to it as well.

After a couple of goes this control system really comes into its own and becomes pretty intuitive.

Viva la Vista
The graphics are pretty good for a portable game and even at high speed everything is clear with some good draw distances. You get snow falling gently down the screen while you play, it might seem like something insignificant but it really adds to the feel of the game.

It’s Snow bad game
X2 is not just the best snowboarding game on the iPhone/touch it’s also one of the best games on the app store, sitting happily next to Real Racing and Peggle as a constant entry in the Top 25 games. I’d recommend it to anyone with an iDevice.

10/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.