GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pre-order prices....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 13:37
Regular
Just been into town to have a look at some of the games that have recently been released and i was pretty surprised by some of the prices of the games you can pre-order.

For example Resident Evil: Code Veronica X is £44.99. Where here it's only £36.99 to pre-order at special reserve, which is almost £10 difference!
The pre-order price for Final Fantasy 10 is £49.99! Which i think might effect the sales, although the FF name is behind it. I won't be buying this game until the price drops or if Special Reserve will be doing it cheaper.
When Onimusha was release the pre-order price was £44.99 and i was one of the people who bought it then looked on the SR site and i could of bought it for £36.99. And there is a pre-order price of £44.99 for Onimusha 2, which is release on the 2nd of March!

There are a number of games where the pre-order price is £44.99 to £49.99 for some PS2 games and on all of these games SR are doing the same games £10 cheaper on nearly every case. I dare not look at the prices for PC games or other consoles.

I was just wondering how other people feel about the Prices of pre-order games from GAME, SR and other shops that do pre-order games.

Darkreaper
Wed 05/09/01 at 13:37
Just been into town to have a look at some of the games that have recently been released and i was pretty surprised by some of the prices of the games you can pre-order.

For example Resident Evil: Code Veronica X is £44.99. Where here it's only £36.99 to pre-order at special reserve, which is almost £10 difference!
The pre-order price for Final Fantasy 10 is £49.99! Which i think might effect the sales, although the FF name is behind it. I won't be buying this game until the price drops or if Special Reserve will be doing it cheaper.
When Onimusha was release the pre-order price was £44.99 and i was one of the people who bought it then looked on the SR site and i could of bought it for £36.99. And there is a pre-order price of £44.99 for Onimusha 2, which is release on the 2nd of March!

There are a number of games where the pre-order price is £44.99 to £49.99 for some PS2 games and on all of these games SR are doing the same games £10 cheaper on nearly every case. I dare not look at the prices for PC games or other consoles.

I was just wondering how other people feel about the Prices of pre-order games from GAME, SR and other shops that do pre-order games.

Darkreaper
Wed 05/09/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Touched!"
I personally think places such as GAME are cashing in on the fact that a large quantity of people will pre-order games such as FFx and MGS2, all they then have to do is put the prices up to £45/50 to make profits, as for SR i am a member and i think they offer good prices, i don't usually buy from shops now , your saving £10 from ordering online, i was in GAME the other day and some guy was buying a game, he only bought it because of the fact it wa cheaper than online, he was offered a GAME card but he refused and said he orders online, if shops don't start reducing their prices then they are going to lose a large sum of people who will turn to online shopping as its much cheaper.

spike
Wed 05/09/01 at 17:27
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
dont buy anything from mutronics in liverpool street station...they have gt3 for 50 yes 50 quid........the cheek of it. i asked about another product in there, he said "we dont sell much of the PS2 stuff".....i wonder why
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
THE ONLY REASON i have got resi evil code veron x from eb instead of here is cos it has that WESKER DVD which SR don't have.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.