GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worms football"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/09/01 at 13:05
Regular
Here is an idea for a new game it's called worms football.

I's a footie game with a twist, the goal is to beat all the other teams of worms (16 in all) and win the world cup.
In this game anything goes such as, wepons,cheating,killing, bribing the ref to get his side for part of the match,
but this will cost you wepons,ie. 1 warp device wich lets you go anyware in the pitch (can be very usfull when short on time, and to put a little spice in the game what would be the ball is actually a mine, so there is a 2 minuite time limit to get to the other side of the pitch and score killing worms and leaving a trail of desctruction along the way.

At the end of you get to watch the losing team be executed,cool or what.

And each time you win a match you get a new weapon as a reward.

Also the teams you beat you unlock as a playable team.
There would also be 10 spaces to creat your own team.

I reckon this would be a smash
Wed 05/09/01 at 13:05
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
Here is an idea for a new game it's called worms football.

I's a footie game with a twist, the goal is to beat all the other teams of worms (16 in all) and win the world cup.
In this game anything goes such as, wepons,cheating,killing, bribing the ref to get his side for part of the match,
but this will cost you wepons,ie. 1 warp device wich lets you go anyware in the pitch (can be very usfull when short on time, and to put a little spice in the game what would be the ball is actually a mine, so there is a 2 minuite time limit to get to the other side of the pitch and score killing worms and leaving a trail of desctruction along the way.

At the end of you get to watch the losing team be executed,cool or what.

And each time you win a match you get a new weapon as a reward.

Also the teams you beat you unlock as a playable team.
There would also be 10 spaces to creat your own team.

I reckon this would be a smash
Wed 05/09/01 at 21:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
if it's turn based I can't see this working, but worms/weapons/football are a good mix, good idea.
Thu 06/09/01 at 10:50
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
no it's not turn based so it should be good
Thu 06/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
Wasn't their a game like this on the Amiga, but without the worms.

Brutal Sports Football it was called.

Similar to Speedball as well....
Thu 06/09/01 at 12:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Brutal Sports! thats it! darn, i was trying to remeber the name of that, cheers YH, yeah those vikings were great fun.
I think that slow moving worms would be more of a fun blow up target, the game would have to be in 3d like other football games, but bazookas and machine guns could play a big part in it, mmm, land mines.....
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:02
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
> Speedball as well....

I've got that old sega game but i can't play it cos my handset is bust
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:17
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
we could maybe add a few hidden land mines on the pitch too
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:44
You could have fans of boths trams helping by throwing exploding popcorn at the apossing team. Or it could be a new weapon! "Crowd Riot"
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:50
Sounds cool.
Thu 06/09/01 at 19:54
Bartlex wrote:
> You could have fans of boths trams helping by throwing exploding
> popcorn at the apossing team. Or it could be a new weapon!
> "Crowd Riot"

Sorry i meant both team not trams!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.