GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Return Of The King"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lord of the Rings: Return of the King'.
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:08
"cheerios"
I know it's not out but some of you are bound to have got it or played it at some stage or other. So, is this game any good? I've looked at a few reviews, it looks good, but I'm not too sure. I owned the lsat and I thought it was pretty fun. Is it worth the money?
Wed 12/11/03 at 18:57
"LOLLERSKATES!"
oh yes. return of the king is complete brilliance 100 0/0 fab. anyone should buy this, and buy it quick.
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:40
Regular
"French the Fries!"
cipro wrote:
> Smashamof wrote:
> I would like to know if this is true or not:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/ (SPACE)
> ps2/action/lordoftheringstherotk/news_6075081.html
>
> Yep, it's true. On the official web site there is a list of all the
> features for the game on different formats and it does indeed say
> that the PS2 version will have online support.
>
> As for the game, new graphics, more big battles and 2-player are
> enough to convince me. I liked The Two Towers, but it lacked certain
> things that look to be added here, so this will be on my list. Oh,
> and I played a demo on the PC, very frantic but very fun.

Excellent, sounds great! Thanks.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:44
"period drama"
It looks quite sweet, but 100% better in the co-op mode. As a single player game I don't think it'll be that good - but with a mate it'll be fantastic.

I do love co-op games. Even if the game's pretty redundant on it's own.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:32
"LOLLERSKATES!"
this game is brilliant. its fantastic hardcore hack and slash action, and better than the two towers. fabualous
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:40
"cheerios"
Yeah, but do any of you know whether this game is worth it? I must know by Friday Lunchtime...
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Exclusive for PS2 rarely actually includes the PC. Exclusivity is usually meant to mean in the console market.

Although there are a few exceptions, of which this could be one. But it'll likely be pants, so I'm not overly bothered.
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Smashamof wrote:
> I would like to know if this is true or not:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/ (SPACE)
> ps2/action/lordoftheringstherotk/news_6075081.html

Yep, it's true. On the official web site there is a list of all the features for the game on different formats and it does indeed say that the PS2 version will have online support.

As for the game, new graphics, more big battles and 2-player are enough to convince me. I liked The Two Towers, but it lacked certain things that look to be added here, so this will be on my list. Oh, and I played a demo on the PC, very frantic but very fun.
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:12
Regular
"French the Fries!"
I would like to know if this is true or not:

http://www.gamespot.com/ (SPACE) ps2/action/lordoftheringstherotk/news_6075081.html

Have they got this confused with the PC version because I couldn't find anywhere else saying this!

thanks,

Smash.
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:08
"cheerios"
I know it's not out but some of you are bound to have got it or played it at some stage or other. So, is this game any good? I've looked at a few reviews, it looks good, but I'm not too sure. I owned the lsat and I thought it was pretty fun. Is it worth the money?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.