GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"looking to address x boxs embarrassing sales in japan new microsoft strategy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 10:54
Regular
"aliens exist"
taken from www.totalgames.net

Japan has always been a sensitive issue for Microsoft, the Xbox failing to outsell even the PSOne since its release. Much in need of rescuing, the company has released its plans for promoting the console to the Eastern gaming market.

However, some would argue that the physical size of the console is the reason the Xbox has not taken off in the East, and the company should be looking to address this issue as soon as possible.

ha ha number 3 console !
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Remember me?"
Well I ain't hugging him. The name "Untitled" to me implies he has something to hide, such as homosidal tendencies, or perhaps he's a leper.

Either way, I'm not hugging him.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:56
Regular
Aww dont be mean to poor Untitled, I'm sure he just needs a hug. dont you Untitled?
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
Untitled

Ha ha number 1 tossface!
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:54
Regular
"8==="
I'm glad the Xbox isn't doing that well in Japan. I don't actually want to see Microsoft achieve global console domination. I like my GameCube and it seems primarily designed for the Japanese market.

Nintendo have taken back a large amount of their home turf, now they have a good footing for their next console. I'm glad the GameCube is doing better than the Xbox in Japan: it deserves to.

If the market is dominated in all areas by a single console that console will fill up with crap and will lose a certain amount of sparkle and innovation: this has happened and I don't own this gloriously poor excuse for a games machine.

I own a Game Cube and an Xbox for the innovative, fun and downright amazing games to be found on each. I'd rather see lively comptition between both resulting in innovation and good games than see another brand become a stagnant and backward joke.
Tue 11/11/03 at 20:12
"I love yo... lamp."
Are MS not redesigning the Xbox for the Japanese market? A smaller version?

I was talking to Shigsy Miyamoto on MSN (not THE Shigsy Miyamoto however) and he complained about the size of it more than anything else.

I agree that the Xbox is a failure in Japan, but slowly I see it improving, not to the point of challenging for second place but at least not being a complete waste in being released over there.

As Bell said, MS have hired a head honcho from Square and they do have DOA online etc on the way.

With several exclusives on the way that may appeal to Japanese gamers the Xbox may improve its performance in Asia.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:43
Regular
"8==="
The Xbox is all about getting MIcrosoft established in the market.

They are starting off small in Japan. At the start of it's console/arcade phase Nintendo itself started off very small in America despite being sizeable in Japan.

Quite frankly Microsoft would probably give Xboxes away if it didn't contravene anti-competition laws.
Tue 11/11/03 at 19:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
To the retard who wrote the original post:

I don't think Microsoft really care about Japan, as long as they can sell in the UK and USA, which is what they're doing.

And Nintendo are the same, except they have this problem in Europe, and especially the UK.

Whoever is second console doesn't really matter - no doubt it's close, but when considering Sony's lead, it doesn't matter how close Nintendo and Microsoft are - both are always going to be miles behind Sony.

Not that even that matters either. As long as I can play the best games around, I'll be happy.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Anyway, the Japanese developed Red Ninja that was previewed in the new OXM looks good. Plus MS have that bloke from Squaresoft on board as well. Unless MS can sort out Japan we might not get some of the more quirky titles to come out of the country, I still wish we could have had that N.U.D.E. thing because the voice recognition was way ahead of the crap in R6, and it was just so different.
Tue 11/11/03 at 18:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't see how Japan is so important. It comes nowhere near the joint populations of Europe and America. If you can rule the majority of sales in these areas, then who gives a stuff about Japan ? Let em miss out for all I care.

At the end of the day, Microsoft can survive just fine without Japan. The real question is, if Microsoft grab the Western countries which is increasingly likely as time goes on, can Sony and Nintendo survive on just their Japanese fanbase ?

Poor Untitled, the brown pants syndrome is obvious in the fact that hes desperately trying to dig up any old crap he can to make it look like his console is number 1. Next we'll be getting a story along the lines of a lorry carrying a load of XBox consoles crashing - which in turn greatly effects XBox sales accross the world, putting the Gamecube well above it. Keep trying Untitled you class A Kermit.
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:02
Regular
X-box is doing frustartingly badly in Japan... a place where Nintendo and Sony rule supreme.

This is more to do with the fact that X-box is western and despite close ties with SEGA and Techmo they will continue to suffer badly.

If Microsoft cannot topple Japan then there is no way they can lead the dream of one day ruling the Console War.

Same with Nintendo... if they cannot re-capture the Western market then there is no way they can return to the top of the console war.

Who will get there first?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.