GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kerrang or Mtv2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 21:22
Regular
In My opinion kerrang is much better but some may disagree. I think a Interactive mtv2 wud be cool. But I think kerrang just has a better video lineup than mtv2.
Sat 08/09/01 at 12:07
I dont have digital tv so I dont have either :(
Sat 08/09/01 at 11:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
MTV2 I guess as I dont get Kerrang!!
Sat 08/09/01 at 11:32
misterhappy wrote:
> MTV2 has 10 times more videos than Kerrang. Kerrang TV just proves
> what a sell-out franchise the magazine has become. Read the reviews
> of singles such as Sugar Ray's new song and they get slated, watch
> the channel and it's on heavy rotation. Get Kerrang the album too,
> full of Limp Bizkit and other big-selling acts which are slated by
> the magazine but shoved on to the cd to make it sell. Kerrang
> represents all that is wrong in music at the moment. In the words of
> the mighty Ben Folds, "Y'all don't know what it's like bein'
> male, middle class and white"

MTV2 has the added bonus of
> actually being a TV channel. They don't play songs back to back with
> meaning claims direct adverts every 5 minutes. They have properly
> presented shows catering to a wide variety of tastes. Also the
> Kerrang adverts!! Who the hell works in Claims Direct's marketing
> office?! Why on earth does he think a predominantly teenage viewing
> audience is going to want to sue the pants off someone for a minor
> accident? That really gets to me...

MTV2 is the best music
> channel in the world. Strangely it's a pop channel in Germany, but
> here it's dedicated to alt-rock. Plus they get most new videos way
> before Kerrang does and they have the option of playing
> controversial videos after the watershed. Two spectacular videos,
> Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" and DJ shadow's "Rabbitt
> in the Headlights" can only be seen on MTV2 after about 11:00.
> Both are incredible, try and see them.

Kerrang simply doesn't
> hold weight against MTV2. It's like comparing some talentless moron
> to Wings Hauser. Yes it's as clear cut as that.

One thing that annoys me loads about mtv 2 is it is all mainly alternative but the most wanted chart is preety cool
Thu 06/09/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Aphex twin's video for Come to daddy is funny!

Screaming at grannies is funny!
Wed 05/09/01 at 22:49
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
MTV2 has 10 times more videos than Kerrang. Kerrang TV just proves what a sell-out franchise the magazine has become. Read the reviews of singles such as Sugar Ray's new song and they get slated, watch the channel and it's on heavy rotation. Get Kerrang the album too, full of Limp Bizkit and other big-selling acts which are slated by the magazine but shoved on to the cd to make it sell. Kerrang represents all that is wrong in music at the moment. In the words of the mighty Ben Folds, "Y'all don't know what it's like bein' male, middle class and white"

MTV2 has the added bonus of actually being a TV channel. They don't play songs back to back with meaning claims direct adverts every 5 minutes. They have properly presented shows catering to a wide variety of tastes. Also the Kerrang adverts!! Who the hell works in Claims Direct's marketing office?! Why on earth does he think a predominantly teenage viewing audience is going to want to sue the pants off someone for a minor accident? That really gets to me...

MTV2 is the best music channel in the world. Strangely it's a pop channel in Germany, but here it's dedicated to alt-rock. Plus they get most new videos way before Kerrang does and they have the option of playing controversial videos after the watershed. Two spectacular videos, Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" and DJ shadow's "Rabbitt in the Headlights" can only be seen on MTV2 after about 11:00. Both are incredible, try and see them.

Kerrang simply doesn't hold weight against MTV2. It's like comparing some talentless moron to Wings Hauser. Yes it's as clear cut as that.
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well I only have MTV2 but I can guess I'd like that more because Kerrang is utter posh.
Wed 05/09/01 at 16:25
Regular
"Great Scott's"
MTV 2 everyday. Kerrang is all nu metal!
Wed 05/09/01 at 07:46
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Kerrang is better IMO. It has a better music lineup. Every few weeks, they get rid of some videos, I wish they wouldn't. A lot of my favourites are not on K! anymore.
Tue 04/09/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mtv2 is kinda interactive as you can vote and stuff on the net for the most wanted charts. I watch Kerrang alot as it always has all the latest videos aswell as some older ones. I wish it had more videos on it aswell as maybe a news program whcih shows new releases as well as interviews. It may be good to have live gigs every so often aswell. And I hope the get the radio station sorted out as I dont live in Manchester, so I cant hear it.

Mtv2 is still good but it can play alot of stuff that I dont really want to see, so normally I stick to Kerrang until and video comes up that I dont want to see then I flick it over to Mtv 2 to see whats on there.
Tue 04/09/01 at 22:28
Regular
i dont have either but i'd say Kerrang! i hate mtv

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.