GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA and Xbox Live"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Supposedly back in talks and hopeful of getting something sorted, which is amazing news. Now all we need is Sega to follow suit and get some of their sports titles on Live too - there hasn't been a better on-line sports title than NFL2K2 on the Dreamcast, and that was with 56k and American servers.
Tue 18/11/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If Allied Assaults multiplayer is anything to go by, then I expect it
> to be about as much fun as punching yourself in the face.

Though if it were anything like Frontline's split-screen multiplayer, it'd be about as much fun as punching Nomino in the face
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:48
Regular
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Mmm...Rising Sun...Online!

If Allied Assaults multiplayer is anything to go by, then I expect it to be about as much fun as punching yourself in the face.
Tue 18/11/03 at 09:08
Regular
the spanker wrote:
> And why do you people slate SSX 3? It is great. Owning a PS 2 and
> having it online, I can say that 2 player isn't exactly a factor.

I like SSX3 - never played Amped 2 though, mainly because Amped 1 didn't appeal to me.

> If you want to play EA games online, such as fifa and SSx 3, not
> forgetting MOH:RS, then go buy yourself a PS 2.

Mmm...Rising Sun...Online!

> Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying a xbox for christmas is because it has
> the games like Counter Strike and Halo 2, Project Gotham 2, Doom 3
> and rainbow 6 (supposedly great and from the advert I saw last night
> it looks like another socom type game).

Rainbow Six 3 is much better than SOCOM - single player anyway. Haven't had the opportunity to go Online as I have a US Xbox. Might see if I can pick up a cheap 2nd hand UK box since there are so many LIVE games now!

> Why can't you people just stop slating the PS 2 online? It is not
> bad, it's pretty god damn good.

It is pretty damn good, but there just ain't that many games available for it yet. SOCOM is still the best - despite the cheats! Roll on SOCOM 2!
Tue 18/11/03 at 09:01
Regular
"bonnie"
I'm buying an xbox, for live mainly, and EA don't factor in that nor do SEGA.

And why do you people slate SSX 3? It is great. Owning a PS 2 and having it online, I can say that 2 player isn't exactly a factor.

And I think your going to reply by saying Amped 2 is better, in some aspects yes, but from the videos I saw last night, it seems a bit too plain for my liking. SSx 3 has the colours, the weather hazrds, the differnt events, such as Half pipe and Big Air events.

If you want to play EA games online, such as fifa and SSx 3, not forgetting MOH:RS, then go buy yourself a PS 2.

Anyway, moan is over, what was I going to say??? lol

Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying a xbox for christmas is because it has the games like Counter Strike and Halo 2, Project Gotham 2, Doom 3 and rainbow 6 (supposedly great and from the advert I saw last night it looks like another socom type game).

I want another socom type game because Socom has too many cheaters now, and apparently cheats are a lot less common on Live. I will be buying online games for the PS 2 though, such as Socom 2 and Gran tourismo 4 though, simply because I like the games.

Why can't you people just stop slating the PS 2 online? It is not bad, it's pretty god damn good.

Sorry for the sheer amount of typos, hell I've just woken up.
Tue 18/11/03 at 08:42
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
EA have said themselves they are in talk with MS, so expect some announcement early next year about a development between the 2.
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:15
Regular
Damn Microsoft and EA for not making SSX3 online, t'would of made it even more fantastic...
Sat 15/11/03 at 00:58
"I love yo... lamp."
It isn't just about some of the more boring EA games.

EA are a big draw with their FIFA titles etc, and if they support Live then it might encourage a few more people to get Xboxes and Live. Now sure, most of those people will likely not be worth having on live, but if some are decent gamers, and if they help pay for the Xbox's existance then it is a good thing.

Plus it also opens up the possibility of Live Medal Of Honour. Now that would be a good thing.

EA are also the owners of Westwood, the people behind Command & Conquer. Now I like my strategy games and I would like to see an Xbox C&C with Live support.

It would be for the greater good of Xbox Live if EA were on board.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:01
Regular
Sega Sports titles are on Live.

Oh and yey! now we can all play 2 player SSX 3 on Live, what exciting news.....
Wed 12/11/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Supposedly back in talks and hopeful of getting something sorted, which is amazing news. Now all we need is Sega to follow suit and get some of their sports titles on Live too - there hasn't been a better on-line sports title than NFL2K2 on the Dreamcast, and that was with 56k and American servers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.