GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Sunshine'.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
I got this game today because I traded in Freedom Fighter and Onimusha and couldnt find a copy of True Crime. I was in town with my mate and back in the days of N64 we always used to play No Mercy, literally until our thumbs bled. So I decided a wrestling game would be a nice change from my usual FPS and horror-esque games.

I've only played about 10 mins (been revising for a test tomorrow) but it seems good, if a little complicated to get to grips with.

So discuss the game if you want, or let the post drop like a Blazin Squad song down the chart.
Sun 16/11/03 at 17:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've had the game since wednesday and arent bored of it yet! I think the lifespan is going to be huge due to many characters and game modes.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:34
Hmmm, both your reviews are good; so good, that you've convinced me to buy the game.

But will it last long? I sold my previous Smackdown games because I got bored with them after a month or so.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
I would advise getting this game, it is a marked improvement on the original.

Aliboy, I bought the game because of your review y'know.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Can't decide wether or not to get this, is it really much better than
> SD4? If so, why? ta!

I think its a pretty good game. New submission thing is cool, you put your opponent in a submission hold and keep tapping a button, if your opponent is weak then its easier to make them tap out but at the start they are likely to break free.

Against your mates it works even better as you both have to keep tapping to try make them tap/or to break free.

Graphics are better, gameplay is improved, characters have more of their own moves and weight is an issue so no longer can the chicks gorilla press the likes of the big show.

A good improvement.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Notable"
both smackdown and true crime are big fat let downs
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Touched!"
Can't decide wether or not to get this, is it really much better than SD4? If so, why? ta!
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
"What was that?"

"What?"

*POP*
Wed 12/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah without doubt it is. SC2 isnt without its charms but it is a bit colourful and fantasy-style for me.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
but tekken 4, as many have said is better than soul clibur, just!
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Its a matter of taste I suppose, they appela to some not others. I love Tekken 4 but disliked Soul Calibur 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.