GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh- i got freaked out and now i'm confused..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Silent Hill 3'.
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:18
Regular
was playing silent hill 3 demo, right? well, for anyone else who's completed the (admittedly short) demo, when you are walking on the coaster tracks, did you at any point hear something like a 5-or-so year old's short squeal?

I can't tell wether it was the game or something else. no young'ins live here so now i'm confused, like the title says. I actually got up and walked out of the room, then straight back in for a reason i don't know. It just sounded real...

damn you 5.1!

The rest of the demo was equally entertaining and freaky. The teasing camera style lets you only imagine what could be there when you hear the whining monster background noise. It really does overwhelm you at times, and it's played much better in the dark because the game itself is very dimly lit, and the use of particles creates a hazy mist that makes it really eerie.

Also, a very teasing finish to the demo aswell. did she die? was she hit by the speeding coaster? who knows! well, the people who own the game know...

da-dum
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:00
Regular
yes, the camera angle has stayed more or less the same throughout the series, but the graphics are now more FF looking, if you know what i mean.
Thu 13/11/03 at 08:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
An excellent demo. The whole look and feel of it is very creepy. My only complaint is the poor camera angles at times.

As to if she got knocked over my the rollercoaster? I have no idea. I'll have to get the full game to find out :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:18
Regular
was playing silent hill 3 demo, right? well, for anyone else who's completed the (admittedly short) demo, when you are walking on the coaster tracks, did you at any point hear something like a 5-or-so year old's short squeal?

I can't tell wether it was the game or something else. no young'ins live here so now i'm confused, like the title says. I actually got up and walked out of the room, then straight back in for a reason i don't know. It just sounded real...

damn you 5.1!

The rest of the demo was equally entertaining and freaky. The teasing camera style lets you only imagine what could be there when you hear the whining monster background noise. It really does overwhelm you at times, and it's played much better in the dark because the game itself is very dimly lit, and the use of particles creates a hazy mist that makes it really eerie.

Also, a very teasing finish to the demo aswell. did she die? was she hit by the speeding coaster? who knows! well, the people who own the game know...

da-dum

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.