GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Connecting a Gamecube to a pc monitor"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/11/03 at 11:48
Regular
Im at uni and missing my gamecube, didnt bring it cause dont wanna pay for a tv licence. Is it possible to connect a Cube to a pc monitor? if so what do i need and how much is it gonna cost?
Thu 13/11/03 at 20:22
Regular
"aliens exist"
just take your tv you pu$$y, i didnt get a tv license when i was at uni and no one came round asking me if i had one,

even if license inspectors come round you dont have to let them in tell them to F off and get a warrent, then and only then do you go and buy a license

and yes you can connect a cube to a pc monitor you need a VGA box
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:30
Regular
"mmmm....spam...?"
well, will have, but thanks :D
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:28
Archaon wrote:
> and i have another question about these VGA boxes from venom and
> logic3; what do you do about sound? can you plug PC speakers into a
> GC and/or the VGA box, or do you have to buy one of those console
> speaker sets (which is £30 i would rather buy a game with, or
> keep)?
>

You know the composite AV cables you have with your GC? Well, the box has ports for these, so don't worry.

Will you look at that, my auction price has shot up to £82.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:05
Regular
"mmmm....spam...?"
and i have another question about these VGA boxes from venom and logic3; what do you do about sound? can you plug PC speakers into a GC and/or the VGA box, or do you have to buy one of those console speaker sets (which is £30 i would rather buy a game with, or keep)?

I ask because it's either my 11 month old 17 inch TFT or a 6 year old 14 inch televideo - which is also in our conservatory so i freeze my ass off for half the year in there...or the 29 inch which i wouldnt get a look in on.

thanks for the help :)
Thu 13/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
"^_^"
Buy a TV Card for your pc, you will be able to watch tv and plug your gamecube into it. Also, no tv licence because you have no tv :D
Thu 13/11/03 at 14:46
it's annoying. They send you streams of warning letters.
Thu 13/11/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Never having been to Uni, I didn't even think about having to buy a TV Licence.
Thu 13/11/03 at 11:53
BId on this dude:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=3057963336& category=298&rd=1

You can connect your PS2, GC, Xbox, whatever to the monitor and play on it from there...also has a TV tuner which can conveniently dodge detection, though you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Usually sold at £120, now £51 at the mo.
Thu 13/11/03 at 11:52
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Not sure how it works but I know you need a 'VGA box' cosing between
£30-£70

You can buy them here I think.
Thu 13/11/03 at 11:48
Regular
Im at uni and missing my gamecube, didnt bring it cause dont wanna pay for a tv licence. Is it possible to connect a Cube to a pc monitor? if so what do i need and how much is it gonna cost?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.