GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally getting online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/11/03 at 22:36
Yeah, now I've got a super duper connection, and am in the process of getting a screen for my PS2, I want to get it online.

After buying the Network adaptor though, what else do I need? I've heard stories of routers and such like - but if the primary purpose of this is to connect the PC and PS2 online at the same time, I can happily ignore this and not go on my PC when playing on the PS2 online, and vice versa.
Here is how I am connected up at the mo:

PC with internal network adaptor
Ethernet connection and ethernet cable

Once I buy the Adaptor for the PS2, is that all I need to get online (besides getting an online game as well)? I'm assuming for installation I have to plug the network adaptor into the PS2, the cable into the adaptor and the other end to the ethernet socket. But is it that easy?
Sat 22/11/03 at 01:59
Regular
"Soldier"
whats-up house???
Fri 14/11/03 at 15:14
Regular
"bonnie"
Well this has been the worst two days for a while now. Well quite bad anyway.

last night my PS 2 does not load any game, at all.

Today I go to bank and see if college had put that EMA thye owe me in yet, woo hoo £205.

Withdraw £140 and its off to town.

I try lookign for a used PS 2, got a silver comign at chriatmas, but I refused to pay minimum 139.99.

I now have 1 month and 11 days before my silve rps 2 for christmas.

To make it worse, I have 3 games comign before xmas but can't play them.

DANG
Fri 14/11/03 at 11:33
Er... no, I haven't got it yet.

So someone already has my tag name then, dang...
Fri 14/11/03 at 09:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Are you the same Icarus that I keep meeting in the Hardware CS universe then?
Fri 14/11/03 at 05:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As long as you're not bothered about not being able to go in the internet on your PC at the same time as playing your PS2 then it's real simple. Just plug the cable that comes with the adapter into the adapter (which will be plugged into PS2 obviously :-) ) and your modem and off you go happy gaming.

If you want to use internet at same time though that's when the routers and stuff comes into that and that's not my department.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:36
Yeah, now I've got a super duper connection, and am in the process of getting a screen for my PS2, I want to get it online.

After buying the Network adaptor though, what else do I need? I've heard stories of routers and such like - but if the primary purpose of this is to connect the PC and PS2 online at the same time, I can happily ignore this and not go on my PC when playing on the PS2 online, and vice versa.
Here is how I am connected up at the mo:

PC with internal network adaptor
Ethernet connection and ethernet cable

Once I buy the Adaptor for the PS2, is that all I need to get online (besides getting an online game as well)? I'm assuming for installation I have to plug the network adaptor into the PS2, the cable into the adaptor and the other end to the ethernet socket. But is it that easy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.