GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet radio + TV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/06 at 17:35
Regular
My current favorite internet radio station is

http://www.americanbluesnetwork.com/

>> they broadcast pretty damn good soul and R n B of the Stax/Otis/Aretha kind at about 25 kbps - so you can leave it on all day and not worry about monthly GB allowances.

My favorite video site is

http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/

>> it's a kinda laid-back LA joint featuring live music from singer-songwriters, and bands in the MTV unplugged style. The video stream is 24/7 with archive stuff and real-time broadcasts running at around 500 kbps full res.

Well worth a visit esp for guitarists.

>> note that 500 kbps is around 250 MB/hour - re: peak time GBs

have fun >> bikerider from Mancs
Fri 28/07/06 at 11:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
HardRockin80s.com... that's the one for me. Old School Hard Rock and Metal 24/7, and with a great variety of stuff on their playlist, God knows how many thousand songs.

Everything from Led Zeppelin to Edguy, so it's not just 80s stuff; I only wish fewer people would request bloody Poision. Some good shows as well, just rather a shame that one of their DJs, Razor Ray, passed on recently.
Wed 28/06/06 at 21:17
Regular
It depends which classic bands you liked really, Foo Fighters are still very good, The all american rejects you might like, Nickleback are good too :) and snow patrol are very good - they are kinda rock but more in style of the eagles :)

also as your called Bikerider, do you ride a motorbike? and I'm presuming your over 21 so it might be something cool (I'm really into bikes, trying to get an aprilia rs125)
Wed 28/06/06 at 21:13
Regular
Hotel california is a really good song :) I first heard it off my dad, who loves the Eagles :) and Yes some of us 'youngers' still respect your time for probably being the best rock time....ever, none of this screaming down microphone and you cant hear what there saying lark. I have just started listening to the kinks, again :)
Wed 28/06/06 at 21:04
Regular
hey boogey

this old bikerider finds kerrang a bit loud for his advanced ears (sorry years)

>>however we do cross paths a bit eg I like the RHCPs..

also I have noticed that guitarists/solos from my era sometimes appear in young kerrangers 'all time fave' lists

>>eg stairway to heaven and hotel california solos have been voted #1 not too long ago in kerrang mag.

so which of today's gunslingers should I be checking out?
Wed 28/06/06 at 17:47
Regular
Kerrang,

Kerrang Radio
Wed 28/06/06 at 17:35
Regular
My current favorite internet radio station is

http://www.americanbluesnetwork.com/

>> they broadcast pretty damn good soul and R n B of the Stax/Otis/Aretha kind at about 25 kbps - so you can leave it on all day and not worry about monthly GB allowances.

My favorite video site is

http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/

>> it's a kinda laid-back LA joint featuring live music from singer-songwriters, and bands in the MTV unplugged style. The video stream is 24/7 with archive stuff and real-time broadcasts running at around 500 kbps full res.

Well worth a visit esp for guitarists.

>> note that 500 kbps is around 250 MB/hour - re: peak time GBs

have fun >> bikerider from Mancs

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.