GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resistance is Futile"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 10:52
Regular
Anyone here think that Star Trek is good? No, didn't think so. Anyways onto my topic. Before I start I wish to say that in no way is this topic meant to start a console wars arguement and if it does I accept no responsability for it. Okay, now all thats out of the way I will begin.

In the gaming world I would say there is 3 or 4 sets of different gamers. Set one, the "Nintys". Nintys are people who are loyal to Nintendo. Constantly arguing why Niuntendo don't make childish games they worship Shigeru Miyamoto. Set 2, the Sonyphiles. To these people number of sequels is irrelevant. Sonyphiles tend to know what they are talking about and rarely back down from an arguement. Set 3 is a breed of gamer that is struggling to survive, the Sega gamers. With their console not being made anymore they arwe in hard times. To these people quality games and this alone is everything. Now we have set 4, the PC gamers. A USB keyboard and mouse means the world to these people as they tend to be FPS fanatics. Mention the words Counter Strike and c*@p in the same sentence and you had better write your will.

Of course there is one more set of gamer. These people are known as "non-biased gamers". Rarely seen in the wild they are very rare and practically impossible to find. To these people, who made a console means nothing, quality games are what they seek and they will buy whatever console they think they will find them on. These are the people who won't know what next gen console to buy, unlike their other gaming counter parts.

I am sure what I have said so far hasn't came as a surprise to anyone. So far you are probably don't rerally know what the point of this topic is. Not making sense is something I seem to have mastered since I came to these forums so I guess I had better explain.

Out of the groups I have mentioned I am sure you know which category you fall under. Myself? I am a "Ninty" *God I hate that name*. But the question I ask you is have you/will you always be seen like this. Nintys won't always be Nintys and it is the same for everyone else. People tastes change and as a result the consoles people choose to buy change as well.

When I was five I got my first console, it was a Super Nintendo. I was very happy with it and enjoyed playing the games. After a few years you will all know that the Playstation came along. To be honest back then I didn't notice the difference in the styles of games the Snes and the PSX had. After being thoroughly impressed by the Snes all I wanted was the N64.

When it was finally released I wasn't too happy when the price tag read "£250". I knew my wallet wasn't going to stretch that far, but totally out of the blue it was cut again to £150. Now I was getting excited, I realised that 64 bit power was within my reach. "Oh my giddy aunt!" *MJ wets himself with excitement* "I can get it for £150 with Mario 64!" The next thing you see is an MJ shaped cloud of dust left by me rushing off to buy the console of my dreams.

Once again Nintendo had served me well, a machine capable of matching and then surpassing the brilliance that was the Snes. After a few years of owning this great machine I couldn't help but notice some of the games on the other side of the fence. I began to get wind of Metal Ger Solid and Final Fantasy 8 and I couldn't help but feel interested. Eventually I just cut the mustard and went to my mates house to play on them. FF8 blew me away, MGS blew me away and brought me back again. I was beginning to feel the strain of my loyalty to Nintendo.

Well here I am, another Playstation has been released, I din't break under the strain, I held strong. I sit here staring at my dusty N64 and wonder if it was worth it, right now with new releases thyin on the ground I am not sure, but when that brand spanking new GAMECUBE is under my TV it will be a different story.

(;o|
Wed 05/09/01 at 16:20
Regular
Apparently he was drunk and wrote a topic telling SR to F off.

I think that he's behaved himself since so SR probably ought to consider lifting the ban.
Wed 05/09/01 at 16:00
Why did MJswerve get banned anyway? Must have been making lewd remarks. Any SR folks who read this can tell us.

Oh and it's Dr Gronti, I didn't do 4 years at Gronti University for nothing.
Wed 05/09/01 at 15:58
Star Wars games are good, take Jedi Knight, I would be playing it now if I knew where I had put it. Also, every X-wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter game was good. Not as good as Freespace 2 though. It's games based on the new Star Wars that are bad, oh and Force Commander. Still, new games based not on the new Star Wars should be good, like Jedi Outcast (Dark Forces 3) and Star Wars: Galaxies (as long as they don't go down the Ultima Online road, and probably only good for broadband anyway). Maybe more will come when Star Wars episode two is (finally) released.
Tue 04/09/01 at 18:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Why was MJ banned?
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:30
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Its a shame Star Wars games arnt any good! Jedi Power battles is an example of a game with good storyline but with a poor outcome!
Tue 04/09/01 at 14:05
"possibly impossible"
Resistance is Futile.

Resistance is Furtile?

Resistance is For tiles?

Resistance or turtles?

Residential turtle?

Resident Evil!

...Well, if you can paste the same topic in two forums.... ;-)

(and you know, it's still as irrelevant as ever!)
Tue 04/09/01 at 13:50
I like to think that I am an unbiased gamer. My console history is a megadrive, an N64 and a PS2 - a nice even spread - and I also have plenty of games for my PC. That does give me the problem MJ mentioned - with no biases that I have to keep up I dont know whether to get a GC or X-Box - or stick with my PS2.
Tue 04/09/01 at 12:01
Regular
"<];o)"
You really know how to critisize oh MR Gronti, Master of coming and getting GAD when he is bored.

(;o|
Tue 04/09/01 at 11:46
Lylat Wars was great. MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. Well, maybe not then.
Tue 04/09/01 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't get me started on Lylat Wars

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.