GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Comedy Night-Seriously not funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 10:50
Regular
After seeing an advert about Monday 9:00pm being the start of BBC2's comedy night I thought why not, I could do with a laugh. This was the worst decision ever.

On BBC2 at 9:00 was the most abysmal program I have ever seen, if I ever meet the creator I will kick him in the crotch. I think it was called Summer Party and it kicked off the night of 'comedy'.

Utter, complete trash, comedy my pig. This was the worst program I have ever seen in my life and the BBC have stooped to a new low. Its a good job I don't actually pay for my TV liscense otherwise I would be outraged. (note, someone else does it for me)

The program was about a very sad old fool arranging a party for his wife. The camera was held by a little kid in a spaceman costume breathing heavily. Basically for 50 minutes you saw the sad man tell rubbish jokes, laugh awkwardly and be a right moron. Trouble is none of this was funny, just sad, annoying and shameless.

The man had no mates and the story itself made little sense. His wife drove off with some man without any trousers and sad man was left with his 'smashers'. Seriously, anyone who calls his kids 'smashers' deserves to be left alone. Also every person who was involved in this program deserves to be hit in the face with a sledgehammer.

This absolute drivel comedy got me thinking about another so called 'comedy' called the office. This is also tripe. If I wanted to see a bunch of sad pathetic losers working in an office I could arrange a tour around Microsoft HQ.

There is nothing funny about sad people showing just how lame they really are..no-one gives a monkey's paw. Where's the shows to replace Only Fools and Horses, Men behaving badly and Bottom?

Continuing on with Monday night comedy was Alistair McGowan's big impressions, normally a good 15 minutes of fun. However due to the absolute rubbish of the program before even the Posh and Becks impression failed to raise a smile.

C'mon BBC, do you really think this sort of thing is

A-In the slightest bit amusing

B-Acceptable televised transmissions

C-A stain on the human intelligence, artistic liscence and creativety.

Or is it just rubbish?
Tue 04/09/01 at 18:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You're very, very wrong, in my opinion. A Small Summer Party was great, although it wasn't meant to be a 'comedy' show, it was meant to be funny in a kind of excruciatingly hard to watch way. The reason you didn't understand it is because it was a prequel to another series called Marion and Geoff, who were the couple who drive off at the end. The whole point is that the bloke is an idiot, and you're not meant to laugh at his jokes, you're meant to feel sorry for him.
Tue 04/09/01 at 10:50
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
After seeing an advert about Monday 9:00pm being the start of BBC2's comedy night I thought why not, I could do with a laugh. This was the worst decision ever.

On BBC2 at 9:00 was the most abysmal program I have ever seen, if I ever meet the creator I will kick him in the crotch. I think it was called Summer Party and it kicked off the night of 'comedy'.

Utter, complete trash, comedy my pig. This was the worst program I have ever seen in my life and the BBC have stooped to a new low. Its a good job I don't actually pay for my TV liscense otherwise I would be outraged. (note, someone else does it for me)

The program was about a very sad old fool arranging a party for his wife. The camera was held by a little kid in a spaceman costume breathing heavily. Basically for 50 minutes you saw the sad man tell rubbish jokes, laugh awkwardly and be a right moron. Trouble is none of this was funny, just sad, annoying and shameless.

The man had no mates and the story itself made little sense. His wife drove off with some man without any trousers and sad man was left with his 'smashers'. Seriously, anyone who calls his kids 'smashers' deserves to be left alone. Also every person who was involved in this program deserves to be hit in the face with a sledgehammer.

This absolute drivel comedy got me thinking about another so called 'comedy' called the office. This is also tripe. If I wanted to see a bunch of sad pathetic losers working in an office I could arrange a tour around Microsoft HQ.

There is nothing funny about sad people showing just how lame they really are..no-one gives a monkey's paw. Where's the shows to replace Only Fools and Horses, Men behaving badly and Bottom?

Continuing on with Monday night comedy was Alistair McGowan's big impressions, normally a good 15 minutes of fun. However due to the absolute rubbish of the program before even the Posh and Becks impression failed to raise a smile.

C'mon BBC, do you really think this sort of thing is

A-In the slightest bit amusing

B-Acceptable televised transmissions

C-A stain on the human intelligence, artistic liscence and creativety.

Or is it just rubbish?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.