GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The way Nintendo work..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 20:05
Regular
I believe Nintendo have changed their attitude considerably since they started work on the Gamecube and have really taken a new outlook or approach on how they will release and handle the consoles require but believe it or not I think this original… tactic could prove useful and actually enhance Nintendo’s chances on improving the position for them in the Great next generation Console war. Last time round the N64 proved to be one of the best consoles ever and have some quality games on but the Psx received a lot more sales. This new policy they have employed will (in my opinion) help them concentrate on the up most quality games and give the ‘neutral’ gamer a choice that makes sense!

The mania about Nintendo is that they like to be very secretive regarding their new up and coming console and really surround it with such mystique and gradually release pictures and unconfirmed news about the new machine, and so it leaves the fans and other gamers almost driven to get the new console! But this time around things have gone wide of the mark slightly and people are starting to lose interest in this scheme Nintendo have been pulling. Of course most of the Ninties out there will be getting one or those who favour their games but the gamers who are not sure of what to get have mostly lost interest in the machine that is a little too mysterious.

An additional flaw to Nintendo’s game plan is there games… sounds strange eh? Eh? They are known for brilliant adventure or any other type of games but other console making companies have a lot more companies making games for them. Companies like EA, Acclaim, core, Ubi soft, Capcom and more. As all of these companies specialize in different areas of gaming and all try different things with games they provide a real source of variety for the gamer. Maybe what some people call ‘casual gamers’ would go for a machine with variety in instead of one thing they are interested in. As the Game Boy Advance has so many different games and companies maybe Nintendo will change their tune a bit and have more hit games by other people, and if you look at the GBC or N64 charts all of the games are made by them nearly and that is… nuff said!

After talking to a few guys who ‘support’ Sony (most were inexperienced gamers) and said they chose a Ps2 because there were like 50 companies all making such a wide assortment of games and genres. Also they said that although they hadn’t researched it people had said Nintendo made “kiddie” games and therefore they totally backed off. Now these were real people I was talking to and it is rumours about not all of Nintendo’s games being too adult which pushes the neutral market away.

A lot of the populace think that the new Zelda pics are horrible and too cartoony and I’m sure Nintendo have hundreds of complaints but I am sure whatever they decide to do it will be for the best. It could be a new era of visuals and if so, then get used to the idea, as it will be part of the future soon! I think Nintendo could be experimenting (and it will be for the best of us as we are the consumer paying for there product.) and if everything goes ok this time round then they will test out these new graphics again. Maybe those aren’t even the graphics and they are just leading us on again. Who knows, it will be good whatever because Nintendo care!

So it is highly expected that Nintendo will realize what might happen to the Gamecube and solve the problem before anything too drastic falls into place and wrecks everything. The graphics will be fine and the Gamecube will be a hit!

Cheers,

T_W (:)
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Quite true that Companies copy Nintendo.
Only for Nintendo, the games industry would be Pre-Nes. in terms of Games ideas.
Wed 05/09/01 at 12:33
Regular
Ant, I'd say that Spyro and Crash are probably the only ones, and even then they're still inferior to the platformers on the N64.

And although third party devellopers try to mimmick Nintendo games from the platformers to the kart racers, they never make them as good or fun.
Tue 04/09/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The Gamecube should surprise many. Specifically those new to the console scene.
I should draw Star Wars fanatics due to the splendour that is Rouge Leader.
And guess how many there are of them?
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:34
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Time_Warp said:

>>Yeah, But to me their games are magical and..... Good!

--yeah their games do have a magical look and feel. But surely they can keep that magical feel by givingnteh console another colour, somehow i cant imagine an 18 year old going out to buy a purple console. I may be wrong, but thats my view. It should be great when it coems out though.
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
Strafex wrote:
> I'll tell you what, a lot of friends my age (16) have always
> prefered the PS over the N64. They too are casual gamers.

They
> all adore Mario Kart though.
They like Goldeneye a bit but they
> love Mario Kart.

I think that the market for these fun games is
> huge.
It won't catch on instantly but like the original Playstation
> got a lot of it's success, people will play a game on the Gamecube,
> a game like they've never seen before and want it.

Every system
> has the adult games.
Every system has childrens games.
The
> Nintendo system is the only one to have a good selection of both.

I'm sorry Strafex, but I'm gonna have to argue with that, for the first time in a while mate. :D

Both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro (Spyro is better than Crash, in my opinion,) are superb platformers for all ages. My sister LOVES Spyro, as do I, and the latest Spyro game is supposedly really good!

Nintendo's have only been more successful thanks to their history and the characters, in my opinion.

I would say the PSX has a wide range of variety, although we've yet to see one on the PS2, but soon to come is a Crash game, so we'll see how that performs.
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:51
"possibly impossible"
Time_Warp wrote:
> and really surround it with such mystique

Mystique, you been hanging around Nintendo HQ again? I thought they told you off last time...?

;-)
Tue 04/09/01 at 15:49
Regular
I'll tell you what, a lot of friends my age (16) have always prefered the PS over the N64. They too are casual gamers.

They all adore Mario Kart though.
They like Goldeneye a bit but they love Mario Kart.

I think that the market for these fun games is huge.
It won't catch on instantly but like the original Playstation got a lot of it's success, people will play a game on the Gamecube, a game like they've never seen before and want it.

Every system has the adult games.
Every system has childrens games.
The Nintendo system is the only one to have a good selection of both.
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:52
Regular
I read a Shigsy Interview and he said he likes to try new stuff and suprise people and he did that!
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:39
Yeah, But to me their games are magical and..... Good!
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:35
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Good post Time Warp, I agree, Nintendo know what they are doing and it will be a great console. They just need to get rid of that 'KIDDIE' look. But i cant help think that colouring a console purple will do it any favours! lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.