GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New NGC, already!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yep, that's right! The Christmas 2003 issue of NGC (Issue #88) arrived through my letter-box this morning, the best part of 10 days before I usually come to expect it, at this time in a month!

They must be feeling very generous, and working really hard, or something... Either that, or they really haven't got much to write about, right now...!

Anyway, here are the various scores from this issue, you want to see:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - 93/100
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - 82/100
XIII - 86/100
Tony Hawk's Underground - 79/100
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup - 62/100
True Crime: Streets of LA - 75/100
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun - 67/100
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu - 45/100
Gladius - 70/100
The Hobbit - 58/100
Star Wars, Rogue Sqaudron 3: Rebel Strike - 83/100
Beyblade - 10/100 (Yes, that's TEN!!! :D )
Need for Speed: Underground - 77/100
NBA Live 2004 - 86/100

...And a load of GBA reviews which I can't be bothered with, now.
(What's so wrong with you buying the mag., anyway??)

So, it looks like they have had "quite" a lot to do, afterall, then...!

And, if that wasn't enough, there's also a £5-Off GAME voucher for Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, ANOTHER free Hints-book, and a Poképlanner-thing; which is a Mario Kart poster on the other side.

Overall, I'd say it's worth the £3.50 - like it always seems to be!

So, just go out an buy it.

Merry Christmas....! :S
Sun 23/11/03 at 19:14
Regular
The speeder bike levels are genius. Pure genius. The game is worth £40 for them alone.
Sun 23/11/03 at 19:10
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Worth getting?

Definitely.

On foot levels, once you get used to them, aren't that bad.
Sun 23/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
"the burning sky"
Cyclone wrote:
> Good issue.
>
> Rebel Strike......hmmm.......aaaa......ooooo.
>
> It loooks so loooovely.
>
> Worth getting?

Is anyone gonna get me the subscription code?
Sun 23/11/03 at 15:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good issue.

Rebel Strike......hmmm.......aaaa......ooooo.

It loooks so loooovely.

Worth getting?
Sun 23/11/03 at 13:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
Could anyone tell me the subscription code in NGC, i want to subscribe but none of the shops will have the new issue till late next week. But at-least i can subscribe for the Xmas edition (the one that comes out in Dec). So anyone willing to tell me... its something like "NGC___" oh and the website address just incase its changed since last issue. Thanks...
Thu 20/11/03 at 23:37
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Yes, but - as NGC themselves have stated before - they're not
> "percentage" scores, actually. Although it may work-out to
> be the same thing anyway, they are actually (if you look carefully
> enough...) "scores out of 100". There is no `%´, or
> anything like that.
>
> `X´/100, you see?

You do know that the true meaning of the % symbol is in, or out of 100, don't you? For all intents and purposes, NGC do % scores.
Thu 20/11/03 at 23:25
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Yeh NGC is good but has anyone noticed that in the letters they rarely give a serious reply and generally just make fun of the person's name. And why is the letter of the month always crap?
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Excellent in-depth Mario Kart review.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Owen wrote:
"In my earlier thread about True Crime i stated that NGC would give it 75%! I'm really clever! lol :D"
-----

Yes, but - as NGC themselves have stated before - they're not "percentage" scores, actually. Although it may work-out to be the same thing anyway, they are actually (if you look carefully enough...) "scores out of 100". There is no `%´, or anything like that.

`X´/100, you see?

And as for T.H.U.G., all they basically had to say is that it was what it looks like; `Tony Hawk's Pro Skater trying too hard to be Grand Theft Auto´. There are some good ideas, but much of it just seems "unnecessary", 'un-polished', and the driving parts are quite awful, really.

It's just not "true" to the `Tony Hawk's Pro Skater´ series. Instead, they've just tried to make it "kool", when it was good-enough alredy.

(And this is how money ruins the gaming-world; just like in the real-world!)
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:28
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Untitled wrote:
> NGC sucks d1ck, i use to get it but the reviews are so crappy, and the
> news is always old to, so now i just get cube

I find that Cube's news is just as old as NGC's. The only thing Cube is good for is the video disc. But I watch the videos on the internet so Cube is pretty useless for me.
NOM and their inflatable freebies just dont cut it anymore.

I get NGC for honest reviews, interesting previews with added humor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.