GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My history!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/05/00 at 12:56
Regular
Things have come a long way since I firsted turned on my Master System when I was only 5 years old. I was blown away by the way games made you so involved and how amazing the games looked. I waited eagerly for the day when I will get a new game, and overall I got 32! Some classics included Sonic, Rastan and Out Run. I played my Master System for years, seeing all the new consoles such as the Mega Drive, Super Nintendo and Game boy past me by. I was happy with the games my Master System brought me.
Five years on and I suddenly realised that that my Master System was not producing enough games for my needs and the classics were falling.I decided to buy the lastest console, one with a CD port the new technology. As I went in the shop before my 10th birthday I stood watching the TV screen of the new consoles. They where the Sega Saturn, Amiga CD 32 and soon to be released Playstation. I was puzzled which one to get when a spark lit! my sister had an Amiga 600 for a yar and produced games like I had never seen before, e.g Lemmings. This was my first exprience with a PC like system where I had great fun playing Grand Prix 2.
So, I decided to buy a Amiga CD 32, it was the biggest mistake of my life! 400 pounds was spent on it and I suddenly realised that games had been reduced from 40 pounds to 5! I was deverstated when hardly anything was in the shops to buy. I sat with my 400 pound Amiga through the days of the Playstion and the Sega Saturn, I could'nt believe it.
It was 1997, A new console emerged the Nintendo 64. The saturn had died and the Playstation dominated. Now the first 64 bit console was here. I had always wanted to play with Mario, through the years I had only played with Sonic and some Amiga bloke! I begged over the N64 and I finally got one, 4 months on. I played Mario 64, I was hooked it was amazing the best game I had seen in ages. A steady flow of brillant games emerged, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda, I was so happy. I loved Nintendo for what they had done after years of unhappyness and I got a Gameboy colour and Pokemon was the biggest thing to hit me in years.
Soon few developers where with the N64, so I got a Dreamcast after my game of Crazy Taxi in the arcades. Now, I was up with games like never before I knew what was going on in the gaming world.
I continue with my Dreamcast with it also falling, but who knows what will happen in the future, will I get a Playstation 2, X-Box or Dolphin, or go off gaming, my childhood entertainment.
Thu 20/07/00 at 16:22
look at it this way...
computer gaming is the best form of entertainment in existance. therefore why would you like to leave the magical, mystical world of gaming?
secondly, in regards to future gaming...
get a dolphin (starcube) because it will have two of the greatest game engineers programming for it... nintendo and rare.
don't get a ps2 because as you can see the games are the usual sub-standard psx titles and the system is really faulty (eg. dvd playback - not working, not saving correctly [games], games freezing).
don't get an x-box as it is made by microsoft and they make programs like windows and word... BORING!!! what would they know about games. sure they might have a few ideas but up against companies like rare nintendo and square they haven't a chance.

ryanbollu wrote:
> Things have come a long way since I firsted turned on my Master
> System when I was only 5 years old. I was blown away by the way
> games made you so involved and how amazing the games looked. I
> waited eagerly for the day when I will get a new game, and overall
> I got 32! Some classics included Sonic, Rastan and Out Run. I
> played my Master System for years, seeing all the new consoles
> such as the Mega Drive, Super Nintendo and Game boy past me by. I
> was happy with the games my Master System brought me.
> Five years on and I suddenly realised that that my Master System
> was not producing enough games for my needs and the classics were
> falling.I decided to buy the lastest console, one with a CD port
> the new technology. As I went in the shop before my 10th birthday
> I stood watching the TV screen of the new consoles. They where the
> Sega Saturn, Amiga CD 32 and soon to be released Playstation. I
> was puzzled which one to get when a spark lit! my sister had an
> Amiga 600 for a yar and produced games like I had never seen
> before, e.g Lemmings. This was my first exprience with a PC like
> system where I had great fun playing Grand Prix 2.
> So, I decided to buy a Amiga CD 32, it was the biggest mistake of
> my life! 400 pounds was spent on it and I suddenly realised that
> games had been reduced from 40 pounds to 5! I was deverstated when
> hardly anything was in the shops to buy. I sat with my 400 pound
> Amiga through the days of the Playstion and the Sega Saturn, I
> could'nt believe it.
> It was 1997, A new console emerged the Nintendo 64. The saturn had
> died and the Playstation dominated. Now the first 64 bit console
> was here. I had always wanted to play with Mario, through the
> years I had only played with Sonic and some Amiga bloke! I begged
> over the N64 and I finally got one, 4 months on. I played Mario
> 64, I was hooked it was amazing the best game I had seen in ages.
> A steady flow of brillant games emerged, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong
> Racing, Zelda, I was so happy. I loved Nintendo for what they had
> done after years of unhappyness and I got a Gameboy colour and
> Pokemon was the biggest thing to hit me in years.
> Soon few developers where with the N64, so I got a Dreamcast after
> my game of Crazy Taxi in the arcades. Now, I was up with games
> like never before I knew what was going on in the gaming world.
> I continue with my Dreamcast with it also falling, but who knows
> what will happen in the future, will I get a Playstation 2, X-Box
> or Dolphin, or go off gaming, my childhood entertainment.
Sun 28/05/00 at 13:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
This is a school essay on your life not a discussion, very interesting all the same though. I too have led a life of gaming, I can't say it has been as unhappy as you say yours was, and I havn't been lucky enough to have owned a sega product, except for the gamegear! I loved that, but I sold it for my GB original, I am a Nintendo guy through and through and would be very sad to see them fall, the ps is good but is plain and boring, The gaming industry should be left to the pros, I don't think that sony will be so successful with their ps2, well not if their prices are the same as the original playstation, £400! all that, my N64 cost me £150 with a game! (lylat wars, great game). Sony are spent their money in the wrong places, instead of spending some of it on decent parts for their new consoles, they spent it on mindless games and flogged them for £20, bad idea, my N64 has had no problems for the 3 years I've had it.
Sun 28/05/00 at 12:56
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Things have come a long way since I firsted turned on my Master System when I was only 5 years old. I was blown away by the way games made you so involved and how amazing the games looked. I waited eagerly for the day when I will get a new game, and overall I got 32! Some classics included Sonic, Rastan and Out Run. I played my Master System for years, seeing all the new consoles such as the Mega Drive, Super Nintendo and Game boy past me by. I was happy with the games my Master System brought me.
Five years on and I suddenly realised that that my Master System was not producing enough games for my needs and the classics were falling.I decided to buy the lastest console, one with a CD port the new technology. As I went in the shop before my 10th birthday I stood watching the TV screen of the new consoles. They where the Sega Saturn, Amiga CD 32 and soon to be released Playstation. I was puzzled which one to get when a spark lit! my sister had an Amiga 600 for a yar and produced games like I had never seen before, e.g Lemmings. This was my first exprience with a PC like system where I had great fun playing Grand Prix 2.
So, I decided to buy a Amiga CD 32, it was the biggest mistake of my life! 400 pounds was spent on it and I suddenly realised that games had been reduced from 40 pounds to 5! I was deverstated when hardly anything was in the shops to buy. I sat with my 400 pound Amiga through the days of the Playstion and the Sega Saturn, I could'nt believe it.
It was 1997, A new console emerged the Nintendo 64. The saturn had died and the Playstation dominated. Now the first 64 bit console was here. I had always wanted to play with Mario, through the years I had only played with Sonic and some Amiga bloke! I begged over the N64 and I finally got one, 4 months on. I played Mario 64, I was hooked it was amazing the best game I had seen in ages. A steady flow of brillant games emerged, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda, I was so happy. I loved Nintendo for what they had done after years of unhappyness and I got a Gameboy colour and Pokemon was the biggest thing to hit me in years.
Soon few developers where with the N64, so I got a Dreamcast after my game of Crazy Taxi in the arcades. Now, I was up with games like never before I knew what was going on in the gaming world.
I continue with my Dreamcast with it also falling, but who knows what will happen in the future, will I get a Playstation 2, X-Box or Dolphin, or go off gaming, my childhood entertainment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.