GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Cart" has no "K""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/11/03 at 20:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Neither does "Combat". Why the hell can't they just spell things correctly for a change?
Wed 26/11/03 at 22:58
Regular
I never took a topic about the deliberate mispelling of a word seriously.
Wed 26/11/03 at 22:43
Regular
"Insane - Beware!"
ok everyone how about a group huggle?
Wed 26/11/03 at 22:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
....I....thought I already had.
Wed 26/11/03 at 18:43
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Ah, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. A topic about the
> spelling of a game name...and you think it was completely serious?

Oh what, so we were supposed to tell it was light hearted from your tone of voice or something? You hardly made it clear that's what you intended. This is the internet.

Look, you started a stupid argument and you lost it. I'm not gonna hold it against you but it's more than a little pathetic when you come out with weak defences such as this one to try and regain some credibility.

Just admit you were wrong :D
Wed 26/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
interesting, now you have realised that you are fighting the losing side of the battle, you suddenly agree with us.

quite predictable
Wed 26/11/03 at 15:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yes. Your point is?
Wed 26/11/03 at 15:27
"Darkness, always"
Accepted enough to be in the english dictionary, and therefore universally correct you mean?
Wed 26/11/03 at 15:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"Kart" came from "cart". Spelling it with a K has become accepted.
Wed 26/11/03 at 14:47
"Darkness, always"
kart ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kärt)
n.
A miniature car used in racing. Also called go-cart.

So there it is, the correct spelling is Kart, although Blank's preferred spelling of "Cart" is *also* correct. Which is to say it might get you marks on an exam paper, but everyone know's it's wrong ;)
Wed 26/11/03 at 14:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Maverick42 wrote:
> No, there was a difference. I said "As well as the fact that
> nobody gives a flying feck", as in nobody gives a damn whether a
> game is spelt in the trendy way or not. I then went on to prove that
> your particular example was stupid and you were just arguing for the
> sake of it.
>
> You need to lighten up a bit.

Ah, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. A topic about the spelling of a game name...and you think it was completely serious?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.