GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:58
Regular
"Onna no Baka"
Hi... I'm new here, and I just thought I'd make a post to say hi! Um... of course it has a topic too... ^^

Has anyone played FFXI yet? Is it good? Tell me tell me! I want to get this game soooo bad...

And could you tell me if it would run on the new PC I'm getting for Christmas?:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
512MB DDR RAM
128MB GeForce4 FX 5200

Yeah I know it's a budget gphx card... but it's what comes with the PC. Maybe I'll overclock it... O.o

Anyway, it's nice to be here! ^_^

--Jo-chan
Wed 19/11/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Jo-chan wrote:
> Hi... I'm new here, and I just thought I'd make a post to say hi!
> Um... of course it has a topic too... ^^
>
> Has anyone played FFXI yet? Is it good? Tell me tell me! I want to
> get this game soooo bad...
>
> And could you tell me if it would run on the new PC I'm getting for
> Christmas?:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 3000+
> 512MB DDR RAM
> 128MB GeForce4 FX 5200
>
> Yeah I know it's a budget gphx card... but it's what comes with the
> PC. Maybe I'll overclock it... O.o
>
> Anyway, it's nice to be here! ^_^
>
> --Jo-chan

Download the Benchmark program from the US Final Fantasy XI website man, that'll tell you.
Tue 18/11/03 at 14:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I do recall Nintendo mocking Square for the poor performance of this
> game in Japan, and using it as the excuse to shelve their online
> plans for the Gamecube.

Released in Japan over two years ago now wasn't it? did so bad I think that square haven't seemed to have bothered to release it on Ps2 in the west so they're probably hoping to make up for that loss with the PC. It's another monthly subscription thing anyway so that's my interest gone, I'd rather much wait for Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube.
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jo-chan wrote:
> Yeah I know it's a budget gphx card... but it's what comes with the
> PC. Maybe I'll overclock it... O.o

To get anything good out of it you would have to overclock it 20x fast than it is now :D. Seriously if you want to play games try and get a better graphics card with the PC in the first place. Try swapping it for a Radeon 9600 Pro and then you'll have one nice gaming PC.

FFXI is not out in the UK yet, still on the TBA list, still not out in Japan so the only place to get it is from America.
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:09
"Darkness, always"
Even if it does, it's online only isn't it? Meaning it'll be about as clever as any other MMORPG.

I do recall Nintendo mocking Square for the poor performance of this game in Japan, and using it as the excuse to shelve their online plans for the Gamecube.
Tue 18/11/03 at 10:07
"For the horde!!!!"
I don't think it's coming to europe, could be wrong though
Tue 18/11/03 at 07:52
Regular
Is it even out yet?
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:58
Regular
"Onna no Baka"
Hi... I'm new here, and I just thought I'd make a post to say hi! Um... of course it has a topic too... ^^

Has anyone played FFXI yet? Is it good? Tell me tell me! I want to get this game soooo bad...

And could you tell me if it would run on the new PC I'm getting for Christmas?:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
512MB DDR RAM
128MB GeForce4 FX 5200

Yeah I know it's a budget gphx card... but it's what comes with the PC. Maybe I'll overclock it... O.o

Anyway, it's nice to be here! ^_^

--Jo-chan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.