GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fridays game purchase ideas..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/03 at 20:43
Regular
"^_^"
Return of the King -

Reason, imense slashing and hacking of Orcs to follow my massive faness of the film and book.

Need for Speed Underground -

Reaspn, needa real racing game as well as a fun one :D
Sun 23/11/03 at 02:29
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
GasMask wrote:

What do you think of it?

I think its an excellent game that either instantly appeals to you or it dont, fortunately for me (and you by the sounds of it) we havnt been dissapointed thus far.

In regards to any bugs that some people are pointing out... im yet to play any game that is 100% totally free of all bugs, i'd rather be able to play this game with its minor issues than miss out on it altogether due to some over critical comments floating around, its a unique game for the GC and theres nothing else like it on that format, what it does it does well, its not GTA but it dosnt pretend to be either.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:21
Regular
"^_^"
I got both on Friday, been playing them non stop.

Need for Speed is absolutely awesome, nice cars, nice music, nice gameplay etc.

And rotk. its a good game, i get mad at it, and it feels a tad short. But it is still an absolutely wicked game.

2 player, co-op with frinds is wicked, one as Gandalf one as Aragorn fighting side by side... brilliant.

:D
Sat 22/11/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Today I got NFSU, THUG and F-Zero GX. I traded in 20 odd PS1 games for NFS and THUG, then I found F-Zero for 20 quid 2nd hand.

NFS is brilliant, it's very fast and the sound is amazing. Great music, and the cars sound very realistic, way more realistic than say, GT.

THUG is good as well, but when you're off your board the controls are very very twitchy. So far it just feels like all the others, but that may change the further I get into the game.

F-Zero, well needless to say it's beyond fast. It's like Need for Speed with warp speed, I haven't started the story mode yet though, which I think is supposed to be very good also.

Well those were the first GC games I've bought in about 5 months, so there seems to be some life left in the little black box yet.

:)
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:37
Regular
So get it yargon?
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
rabid wrote:
> One mans junk is another mans gold... I personally dont like Zelda
> games but that dont make them crap.
>
> As with all games one person might say it sucks and another might say
> it rocks, neither is right and neither is wrong, its all down to
> opinions and personal preference... if someone says a game sucks (or
> rocks) i dont take the slightest bit of notice, the only opinion that
> counts to me is my own and i'll find this out tommorow when i buy
> True Crime :)

Very true. Wise wise man Rabid ;o)

I totally agree with you. What do you think of it? Theres nothing I dont really like so far, I flipped a car.. shot some gas tanks (The explosions are stupid) but the fire effects are good.

I love it when you go to solve a random crime and then one starts shooting at you then runs so you follow him (or her!) then they jump in a car and speed off.

Then I follow them and kill them :o)
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
GTA is over-rated, but is still greatness.

Me? I spent about 10 - 15 hours total, over the period of about 3 months just messing about on it.

now I can hardly play it.
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:21
Regular
Why is that the games fault? It offers multiple opportunities and styles and its up to ou which one you do. Personally I was bored after knocking the first guy out and killing him so I started the missions more or less straight away.
Thu 20/11/03 at 15:43
"Darkness, always"
Neither did any of the game's predecessors, but that's still all anyone ever did in them.
Thu 20/11/03 at 14:57
Regular
You were obviously watching someone messing around on it then because the rampage missions, main missions, street races etc strangely don't have any of that in them.
Thu 20/11/03 at 14:55
"Darkness, always"
That's all I've ever seen anyone do in them.

Except for the time someone "amusingly" used the all weapons cheats and armour/health cheats and "ran amok" and started "shooting up the cops", after quickly tiring of this, he started using the "tank" cheat to make a large number of tanks appear from the sky and block up the roads.

How massively entertaining I thought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.