GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there a way to turn off your PS2 without swithing it off via the button on the console?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 04:39
Regular
Is there a remote that allows me to do this?

I hate watching a DVD when i almost full asleep, but then having to get up and switch it off :)
Mon 03/09/01 at 04:39
Is there a remote that allows me to do this?

I hate watching a DVD when i almost full asleep, but then having to get up and switch it off :)
Mon 03/09/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
I hope the official remote has a standby button but from what i can see in the OPS2 magazine it does't have a red button on it but it still may be on there.
Mon 03/09/01 at 11:10
Regular
yeah i have that same problem as well. sometimes i just leave the damn thing on if i'm really tired.
Mon 03/09/01 at 11:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
lol....never had that problem before....
but then again i;ve only watched one dvd so far on my ps2...
mind you when are SR GOING TO GIVE ME MY REPLACEMENT DVD REGION X!!!!!!! AHHH
Mon 03/09/01 at 12:16
Regular
"Touched!"
From what i've read on other boards even the sony remote cannot turn the ps2 off which is disappointing
Mon 03/09/01 at 12:38
"High polygon count"
I suggest a vist to your local garden centre (for a long piece of cane) and your local WH Smith (for an eraser and some string).

Tie the eraser to the cane using the string, and keep it by your bed. Then, when you've finished watching your DVD, simply use your new contraption to gently push the on/off button.

Sorted.
Mon 03/09/01 at 13:10
Regular
"Back For Good"
I'm proper lazy me, I turn my subwoofer off by the plug next to my bed, I have a sleep timer for my TV but never use it lol, but i do switch my PS2 off at nights though.
Mon 03/09/01 at 15:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
spikecast2 wrote:
> From what i've read on other boards even the sony remote cannot turn
> the ps2 off which is disappointing

ahh well...sigh....
Mon 03/09/01 at 15:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
Ö> wrote:
> I'm proper lazy me, I turn my subwoofer off by the plug next to my
> bed, I have a sleep timer for my TV but never use it lol, but i do
> switch my PS2 off at nights though.

i don't even turn off my subwoofer lol
Mon 03/09/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i just push the reset button till it goes red

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.