GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Screens for GBA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/09/01 at 00:56
Regular
looks like the gameboy advance is gonna get a new screen to enable gaming at anytime of the day..its not definate but thought you'd like to know or not whatever floats your boat
Mon 03/09/01 at 00:56
Regular
looks like the gameboy advance is gonna get a new screen to enable gaming at anytime of the day..its not definate but thought you'd like to know or not whatever floats your boat
Mon 03/09/01 at 01:17
Regular
In less than a YEAR I won't have a GBA, i'll have a Gamecube Advanced as they are the Gamecube and the GBA is two halves of the same console!
Mon 03/09/01 at 10:23
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Wot r u talking about Dringo?? I didn't understand a word ya said?

Anyway I am getting a GBA in October!! But I am getting a GameCube when it comes out! So Will that mean everyone buying new GBA consoles or....???
Mon 03/09/01 at 14:18
What he means is, far from needing each other, the GBA and the GC will link together. What 'edge' this will give owners of both consoles over those that own only a GC is uncertain, but one thing is for sure, and thats that the GBA will link to the GC.

So in essence, by owning both consoles, and linking them together, you will own a 'GameCube Advanced' as Dringo put it.

And, after recently aquiring a GBA, I soon will have a GCA too!
Mon 03/09/01 at 15:01
With the old gameboy link thing and both versions of perfect dark you could get some of the more impossible cheats (like the buddies) but that just takes the fun out of earning them.
Mon 03/09/01 at 15:36
Regular
I got all the buddys except for pugilist.
Infact, I got all the other cheats except for Farsight and Play as Elvis.

I needed NOM's help though (one thing thing they aver managed to do right!)
Mon 03/09/01 at 18:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Isn't the alternative screen going to be expensive though?

With GBA's at £80-90 already, that doesn't sound too appealing....
Mon 03/09/01 at 19:10
Regular
shouldnt do cos it might be cheaper to put the new screens in i think they are liquid crystal i think like i said this isnt definate just somethinh i heard
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
Did you know that beneath the screen of your GBS is a sticker... peal that off and a contrast button is reveiled, which can lighten up the screen and allow better playability.
Mon 03/09/01 at 21:11
Regular
That thing is the voltage control though er-no, and messing around with it might blow your GBA, so it's not a good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.