GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the best strategy game and why"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/11/03 at 21:41
Regular
""to many dead hero""
hello ppl i just got a new pc and so im looking for games for it and as i like strategy please could u tell me which r the best and why
Thu 20/11/03 at 21:41
Regular
""to many dead hero""
hello ppl i just got a new pc and so im looking for games for it and as i like strategy please could u tell me which r the best and why
Thu 20/11/03 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Medieval: Total War

Because it is.

www.totalwar.com, or something to that effect.
Fri 21/11/03 at 01:37
"I love yo... lamp."
My favourites are still the original Command & Conquer and Red Alert, along with Alpha Centauri.

However Warcraft 3 is muchly loved.
Fri 21/11/03 at 07:57
"Darkness, always"
Warcraft III (TFT) - continuation of the finest and most consistently superb RTS series ever.

Medieval: Total War - Real time and turn based strategy rolled seamlessly into one, combined with innumerable strategic possibilities, this is a thinking man's game.

Homeworld 2 - expanding the universe of the still pioneering 3D space-based strategy game. The simple fact that no other games have effectively attempted to mimic this series is testament to the effort involved to make the series a world class experience.
Fri 21/11/03 at 11:46
Regular
Has no-one mentioned the excellent Age of Empire series? In my opinion they was true RTS games that holded excellent multiplayer features.

In the meantime i'm installing Warcraft 3.
Fri 21/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Warcraft 3 for me :)

:D
Fri 21/11/03 at 16:47
Regular
I agree with gamesfreak. Age of Empires are truly classic strategy games.
Sat 22/11/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Age of Empires 2. Fun to play, addictive, easy and simple. And don't forget the longevity. I'm still playing regicides, random maps and deathmatches now.

Closely followed by Stronghold and Starcraft. I would acknowlege Railroad Tycoon as the best, but I won't because it's a simulation. Which isn't far removed from a strategy, but isn't one.
Sat 22/11/03 at 12:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahh. I may have to get WCIII.

Warcraft II was utter genius!
Sun 23/11/03 at 18:16
Regular
i'm gonna try Age of mythology demo....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.