GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Battle Of The Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/06/00 at 15:32
Regular
Many people are waiting for the Playstation 2 to be available for purchase while others may be waiting for the 'Dolphin' manufactured by Nintendo. But are we forgetting about old systems? I have recently received a PSX with four platinum games including GT, Metal Gear Solid, Time Crisis and Die Hard Trilogy. These are top quality games going for just twenty quid! Yet we are waiting for bigger and better games to come out while these games are no longer used. Why is this? These games are of the best quality and you won't find anything better than these. These are CLASSICS. Even Sony, who make the console, cannot see that people are content with the PSX so they are bringing out the PSX 2 with only a DVD drive showing a difference. You may well say that this is only a marketing ploy but why change to a Playstation 2 when your Playstation will still have games easily accessible whenever you desire them. It seems stupid to me that anyone can be so stupid as to lose money on a PSX 2 line when there is still so much to be done with the original version. The N64 has it's own memory expansion pak which allows better graphics on games. Can't this be done with any console? Why do companies constantly bring out their newest models when all their original needs is a simple facelift? To me this is absolutely ridiculous.
There may be many people who think that they are bored with their console and tell their parents to buy them a newer version console. I have to admit I do this too. But when I visited my friend's house and started to play on his machine, I loved it and it inspired me to buy a new Playstation of my own. When I found the box with it in, I must have sat there for two and half-hours waiting to open it because it was addressed to my mum. Another friend waits for the Playstation 2 to arrive in stores but I can't see the logic. What we have is a classic, brilliant model that people take for granted.
Companies shouldn't have to put their customers through forking out £100 or £200 for a new console, if the expansion is really needed, shouldn't we just get the new memory? The Playstation is a one-of-a-kind and should not be taken for granted. This is the same for many other consoles. Although some have been flops in the past, the fact of the matter remains: Technology is very advanced so just think about it.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 10/06/00 at 15:32
Many people are waiting for the Playstation 2 to be available for purchase while others may be waiting for the 'Dolphin' manufactured by Nintendo. But are we forgetting about old systems? I have recently received a PSX with four platinum games including GT, Metal Gear Solid, Time Crisis and Die Hard Trilogy. These are top quality games going for just twenty quid! Yet we are waiting for bigger and better games to come out while these games are no longer used. Why is this? These games are of the best quality and you won't find anything better than these. These are CLASSICS. Even Sony, who make the console, cannot see that people are content with the PSX so they are bringing out the PSX 2 with only a DVD drive showing a difference. You may well say that this is only a marketing ploy but why change to a Playstation 2 when your Playstation will still have games easily accessible whenever you desire them. It seems stupid to me that anyone can be so stupid as to lose money on a PSX 2 line when there is still so much to be done with the original version. The N64 has it's own memory expansion pak which allows better graphics on games. Can't this be done with any console? Why do companies constantly bring out their newest models when all their original needs is a simple facelift? To me this is absolutely ridiculous.
There may be many people who think that they are bored with their console and tell their parents to buy them a newer version console. I have to admit I do this too. But when I visited my friend's house and started to play on his machine, I loved it and it inspired me to buy a new Playstation of my own. When I found the box with it in, I must have sat there for two and half-hours waiting to open it because it was addressed to my mum. Another friend waits for the Playstation 2 to arrive in stores but I can't see the logic. What we have is a classic, brilliant model that people take for granted.
Companies shouldn't have to put their customers through forking out £100 or £200 for a new console, if the expansion is really needed, shouldn't we just get the new memory? The Playstation is a one-of-a-kind and should not be taken for granted. This is the same for many other consoles. Although some have been flops in the past, the fact of the matter remains: Technology is very advanced so just think about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.