GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox System Link Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/11/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Oops..."
Hi, I'm getting system link cables for my xbox soon and was wondering what games to get for it. I already have Halo and Unreal Championship, what do you use on system link?
Mon 24/11/03 at 19:36
Regular
"8==="
Actually I got a Joytech 3m System Link cable for 4.25 from my local independent game store.
Mon 24/11/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Unretired"
Don't buy the official system link, or even the unofficial ones, they are something like £20 for a short cable. Instead go to a computer shop and buy a CAT5 RJ45 Network cable instead, I picked one up this weekend for £2.99 and had great fun with halo.
Sun 23/11/03 at 17:32
Regular
"8==="
*System
Sun 23/11/03 at 17:31
Regular
"8==="
Some more Sytem Link things I've found out.

- You can play up to 4 players maingame co-op on Serious Sam with 2 linked xboxes and 8 player deathmatches!

- You can play 4 player deathmatches on Mech Assault with 2 linked Xboxes!

- Whacked appears to only let you have 1 person per xbox when using System Link (Taken from the manual, I have yet to see if this is actually a mistake: ie if Mech Assault can do it Whacked should bloody well be able too!).

- Rainbow Six 3 appears to only let you have 1 player per Xbox (this is not surprising as the levels are HUGE!)

- Deathrow will allow you to play 8 player matches with 2 linked Xboxes!

- Brute Force is either 4 or 8 player in deathmatch and Squad deathmatch using 2 linked Xboxes (the manual isn't that clear on this). You can also play the mian game using System Link (I'm assuming this is limited to 4 players as there are only 4 characters to play).

- I think Wolfenstein allows 1 person per Xbox like Rainbow six 3 does (although the manual is less than clear).

- Timesplitters 2 lets you have up to 8 players with 2 xboxes linked.

- Unreal's complicated - you can add 1, 2 or 3 players per Xbox depending on the map.

- I think Ghost Recon can have 2 players per linked Xbox.
Fri 21/11/03 at 19:05
Regular
"8==="
Deathrow

Halo

Rainbow Six 3 - good game but only full worth it if you intend to move up to Live. However System Link is the only way to get some multi going without having Live.

Brute Force

Serious Sam (cheap)

Ghost Recon - good game but only full worth it if you intend to move up to Live

Whacked (cheap)

Mech Assault (cheap) - good game but only full worth it if you intend to move up to Live

Midtown Madness 3

Return to Castle wolfenstein - good game but only full worth it if you intend to move up to Live. Also, like Rainbow Six 3, you will need System Link to access the vs elements of RTCW without having Live (I think, unless it just lets you play co-op over 2 xboxes).

Timesplitters 2 (Cheap)

Unreal - might be worth a blast.

Also, since you will have 2 tv's, you can get a little device which splits a signal from a single xbox to two tv's this means that like playing a System Link game you can play a split screen game over two tv's aswell (although, of course, the screen will still show a split screen - point is you get your own tv and you don't have to go back to huddling round one tv after a System Link game).

I'm trying to get this 'signal split' thing setup very soon (should only set you back about 14 - 20 quid).
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:46
Regular
Rainbow six 3
MotoGP
Timesplitters 2
Midtown Maddness 3
Tony Hawks PS 4
MechAssault
Fri 21/11/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Oops..."
Hi, I'm getting system link cables for my xbox soon and was wondering what games to get for it. I already have Halo and Unreal Championship, what do you use on system link?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.