GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF v Alliance - Getting boring?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/09/01 at 21:02
Regular
Is anyone else getting slightly bored of this entire angle?
It was great at first, and one of the best storylines the WWF creative team has come up with for a while, but its getting tired now.

I'd like to see more of the internal rivalries resume within the WWF. There's hardly been any internal matches recently, let alone any title changes. Granted, APA did lose the Tag Team titles to Undertake and Kane(best wrestler by far :) ), but thats nothing compared to what it used to be. We now see things like The Rock and Angle drinking milk together, when all the Rock used to do was take the mickey out of Angle and his milk-drinking habit.

I accept that the reason the Alliance was brought onto WWF TV was to provide publicity for the re-launch of WCW, but its also provided a big mystery. With the purchase of ECW by Steph, which way will HHH go? To be honest, I don't really care, as I think HHH is boring, but others obviously do.

Bring back WWF on its own. Bring back Rikishi and HHH. And while you're at it, bring back The King :)

Ah, this topic seems to have rambled a bit.heh.
Sun 02/09/01 at 21:02
Regular
Is anyone else getting slightly bored of this entire angle?
It was great at first, and one of the best storylines the WWF creative team has come up with for a while, but its getting tired now.

I'd like to see more of the internal rivalries resume within the WWF. There's hardly been any internal matches recently, let alone any title changes. Granted, APA did lose the Tag Team titles to Undertake and Kane(best wrestler by far :) ), but thats nothing compared to what it used to be. We now see things like The Rock and Angle drinking milk together, when all the Rock used to do was take the mickey out of Angle and his milk-drinking habit.

I accept that the reason the Alliance was brought onto WWF TV was to provide publicity for the re-launch of WCW, but its also provided a big mystery. With the purchase of ECW by Steph, which way will HHH go? To be honest, I don't really care, as I think HHH is boring, but others obviously do.

Bring back WWF on its own. Bring back Rikishi and HHH. And while you're at it, bring back The King :)

Ah, this topic seems to have rambled a bit.heh.
Sun 02/09/01 at 22:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree. But I wonder...how are they gonna get rid of them?? Is Raw just gonna come one day with the Alliance gone??

I expected them gone after Summerslam, but if they're still gonna be here at Unforgiven, then when are they going??
Sun 02/09/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It is only a matter of time before they will leave. How they will leave is a different matter.
Sun 02/09/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Back in black"
I agree, but then, in my opinion, this angle was never intresting anyway. Invasion sucked because there was only 1 title defense and very few stipulations. summerslam may have been better but I haven't seen it.

Roll on WWF without the alliance... that is what I say!
Mon 03/09/01 at 00:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I too am getting bored of it, but when they leave, whats going to happen with the belts. WWF stars have WCW belts and vica versa(?) So for them to go, the belts are going to have to be reset somehow. It will be interestind to see what happens.
Mon 03/09/01 at 08:09
Regular
Yeah, the belts are going to have to go back to the originals somehow. But the other big question is that who will stay with the Alliance? Or will ECW still exist when WCW stops being on WWF TV? Stone Cold Steve Austin - as much as I've always hated him - is one of the major wrestlers from WWF, and I doubt he'll leave its programming. Same to be said of people like the Dudley Boyz and Tazz. WWF is going to be a bit talent short if they suddenly all leave. Still, there are some WWF stars I haven't seen in a while that could do with an outing, like Essa Rios and Jerry Lynn.
Mon 03/09/01 at 10:37
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yes, it is getting boring.

You wanna know why?

1. WCW does not have any more than 4 or 5 wrestlers in. Lets count...Booker T, DDP, Staziak, Chave Guerrero, Palumbo + O Haire... I cant think of any more. Hardly an Invasion.

2. And out of these, only Booker T was at the top of the card in the old WCW. The WWF rushed things to get ratings up, so they dont have any of the WCW big names - Nash, Sting, Goldberg, Jarrett. We only have mid to lower card WCWers now.

3. The top two WCWers have been made to look absoutely pathetic. Booker T hasn't won a clean match yet - how are we to believe that he is a legitimate threat to the WWFs survival? Its OK making him look stupid outside the ring, but when you have him getting destroyed in the ring, it really makes him lose all credibility. DDPs case is worse - HE WAS BEAT BY SARA, A WOMEN WHO ISNT EVEN A WRESTLER. Ever since he got to the WWF, he has been beat up by the Taker over and over again.

4. The leader of the Alliance is a WWF brand name. That is real stupid. It bacicly turns the Alliance into a WWF faction - like DX, but bigger.

5. They havn't actually bought many ECWers into it. Most of them were in WWF already. The Dudleyz have been WWF for years, as has Tazz. Only new guys are Storm, Awesome (who has been relagated to Jakked hell anyway), RVD (Who is pretty much a face) and Dreamer (who has been in one match).

6. The McMahons have put themselves into it for no good reason. Why not just have Heyman as the ECW leader? He owned the damn compony. And why not have Flair owning WCW? This would make it seem a lot more authentic.

7. Anyone else notice how WCW were faces for a while at the start, before they turned heel?

8. I cant think of any more reasons, but they are enough.
Mon 03/09/01 at 11:11
Regular
9. Austin running around being cowardly makes the Alliance look like weaklings.
Mon 03/09/01 at 12:19
Regular
the thing is it looks like this is gonna go on 4 AGES!
Mon 03/09/01 at 15:37
Regular
"..."
Pro Evo wrote:
> I too am getting bored of it, but when they leave, whats going to
> happen with the belts. WWF stars have WCW belts and vica versa(?) So
> for them to go, the belts are going to have to be reset somehow. It
> will be interestind to see what happens.

Not necessarily...now that all the stars are under contract to WWFE, who's to say a wrestler from one federation can't appear on the others TV programs...fpr example if Hurrican Helms is still European champion when they do split, he will probably defend the title on WWF TV until he loses it, before returning to WCW.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.