GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy'.
Mon 24/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Remember me?"
Traded in some dusty games today and got this. Have to say, it's not all that great. Neither the first person bits nor the third person light-sabre bits feel particularly comfortable when playing, and it would probably have been a better idea to scrap one or the other and make the remaining gameplay style better. The Force actions are pretty neat though, and Live play is certainly far more enjoyable than the single player game.

However, I'll probably end up trading this in at the end of the week.
Tue 25/11/03 at 14:40
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> You want the PC version.

If he doesn't want the Xbox version, chances are he doesn't want the PC version.
Tue 25/11/03 at 11:40
Regular
PC is where shooter belong if you like guff controls, bugs and annoying install and patch time, guff controls and ummmmmmm guff controls.
Tue 25/11/03 at 10:38
Regular
"That's right!"
You want the PC version. I'd never buy an FPS for the PS2/Xbox if it was out for the PC, since the PC is where shooters belong.
Mon 24/11/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> If you don't like the game, why not swap it for something else -
> after all, it'll save you a bit of money instead of having to put up
> with a trade-in price...

That's what I meant. Surely the fact I said "the end of the week" - thus within Game's 10 day return thing - gave it away?
Mon 24/11/03 at 22:07
Regular
Me thinks it's mint.

If you liked the previous games then you should definetly like this one. Offline it's an excellent Star Wars game, but the online saber battles are su-bloody-perb.

It's a very marmite title though. It's not technically amazing and if you're looking for a shooting game you'd be better off looking elsewhere. But if you're looking to jump around slicing stormtroopers heads off, choke grip people and slam them into walls and other excellent Star Wars style stuff then you've come to the right place.
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Hmmm.... I wasn't aware that it was out, so it isn't any good. I liked the last one, is it an improvement on that?
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:27
Regular
hey DM, you tried it on live though? is it any good if you have?
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:24
Regular
Tis much better on PC anyway
Mon 24/11/03 at 21:16
Regular
I did warn ye.

If you don't like the game, why not swap it for something else - after all, it'll save you a bit of money instead of having to put up with a trade-in price...
Mon 24/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Remember me?"
Traded in some dusty games today and got this. Have to say, it's not all that great. Neither the first person bits nor the third person light-sabre bits feel particularly comfortable when playing, and it would probably have been a better idea to scrap one or the other and make the remaining gameplay style better. The Force actions are pretty neat though, and Live play is certainly far more enjoyable than the single player game.

However, I'll probably end up trading this in at the end of the week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.