GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/11/03 at 11:56
Regular
Just wondering... does anyone have any way of getting one of these?

I've been wanting one for a while and I'd pay £10-ish for one. Seeing as i won't get one from the Stars Catalogue, I may as well try to get one as soon as possible.

So any GAME employees who have some way of getting one, let me know :-D
Fri 28/11/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not sure about this... Mainly because it'll mean I have THREE versions of `Ocarina of Time´ AND the `Master Quest´.

I completed it on the N64 and, despite how great it is and everything, I don't really have the 'need' to go through it all-over-again, since I already know what happens and that. And it's because of that I became bored of the Master Quest so easily.

I have got `Majora's Mask´ on the N64, also, but I never completed that. I did get quite far, so, instead of just re-starting on this disc, I think I'd rather continue with it on my N64 (for the sake of some of the irritating things about the adventure I've already come across and do not want to meet again).

So, that's already 2 games I won't want to play. And there's that demo of a game I already completed with ease!

Buying it just for the sake of the first-two Zelda adventures doesn't really do much for me, either. While I would like to get my hands on and experience them for myself, I just don't know if it's enough -for 4,500 Stars- with emulators and old cartridges always floating about.

And who knows; with the next NEW GameCube Zelda adventure Nintendo may bundle one of these `classics´ with it anyway. Or, maybe re-release it on the GameBoy Advance (which they just love doing with old games).

In short: I can wait. There will be far-too-many games from 2003 that I'll be wanting to play well-into next year, and I still have many I've barely played sitting in my collection, right now.
Fri 28/11/03 at 09:49
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
well im buggered because i ordered 1080 so i would have enough stars but it hasnt arrived yet

and knowing how fast they sell out in the catalogue my only chance is if 1080 comes tomorrow

so i am buggered
Fri 28/11/03 at 00:12
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Being a news monkey in that matter of things, I'll let you know if I
> hear anything about that.

Ah I have pretty high contacts in both GAME and GAMESTATION from an unlikely selection of sources...

GAME used to be such a sell-out store and Gamestation the understudy that sold cheap and hardcore games. Now it is switching, whereas Gamestation is still for the hardcore they are messing up badly whilst GAME are striking some winning deals.

SR need to be back in full force like it once was.
Thu 27/11/03 at 20:52
Regular
Being a news monkey in that matter of things, I'll let you know if I hear anything about that.
Wed 26/11/03 at 21:41
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> I'll agree with Dringo.
>
> Are you sure it'll be on sale in GAME?

It is looking likely... when is another matter.
Wed 26/11/03 at 20:32
"period drama"
I want it for MM.
Because I never got a chance to play it (didn't have an N64).

Although (apparently) not as good as OoT - I've now know OoT to be the best game ever created. So it can't be all that bad.

But I've only 3,000 stars. And no money.
So, no disc for me.
*Cries*
Wed 26/11/03 at 15:49
Regular
I'll agree with Dringo.

Are you sure it'll be on sale in GAME?
Wed 26/11/03 at 13:33
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Originally I was excited about this Zelda disc. Now I'm not that
> bothered. You get a Zelda OOT (Which I got free with Zelda TWW, also
> got on N64), Zelda Majoras Mask (which I've got on N64 anyways), and
> a bunch of rickety old Zelda's which your likely to play for no more
> than 5mins. Some Zelda Retrospective movie, which you can just
> download off the net, and a Wind Waker demo, which is a bit pointless
> as I own the game anyways.

Ah but you get to play it again... AGAIN!

> If it was cheap I would be tempted, but putting it on the stars
> catalogue and rewarding only those that have bought a GameCube and
> about 100 games REALLY takes the biscuit!

Well erm I've manage to accumulate nearly 6,000 stars and I have 10 Nintendo games.

> NOE need a good kick up the backside because they really are some of
> the biggest mongs on the planet?

Why are they mongs if they can get away from it. It'll be on sale from Game next month.
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think I agree with Cooky with this. Whilst this disc is obviously a good little package, it seems people are going a little to gung-ho in trying to get hold of them. I mean, paying 10, 20, 30 odd pounds for it is ridiculous really.

I guess it’s the words “limited collectors edition” that makes people go all mad and lose their sense of reality over things like this.
Now if each one was personally signed by Miyamoto himself and their were only a limited amount each with it’s own serial number I could understand it, but they’re not, they’re mass-produced and definitely not limited in any way.
Wed 26/11/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Originally I was excited about this Zelda disc. Now I'm not that bothered. You get a Zelda OOT (Which I got free with Zelda TWW, also got on N64), Zelda Majoras Mask (which I've got on N64 anyways), and a bunch of rickety old Zelda's which your likely to play for no more than 5mins. Some Zelda Retrospective movie, which you can just download off the net, and a Wind Waker demo, which is a bit pointless as I own the game anyways.

If it was cheap I would be tempted, but putting it on the stars catalogue and rewarding only those that have bought a GameCube and about 100 games REALLY takes the biscuit!

NOE need a good kick up the backside because they really are some of the biggest mongs on the planet!

:[

grrr-argh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.