GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"back-up ps2 games???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 17:30
Regular
how do i go about backing up ps2 games???
do i need a regular cd burner or a dvd burner??
is there software i need to download??
also one last question....do i need a mod-chip....

if u can help i would appreciate it.....
..........Infamous Stylz
Sat 01/09/01 at 17:30
how do i go about backing up ps2 games???
do i need a regular cd burner or a dvd burner??
is there software i need to download??
also one last question....do i need a mod-chip....

if u can help i would appreciate it.....
..........Infamous Stylz
Sat 01/09/01 at 17:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
sounds rather dodgy to me....
Sat 01/09/01 at 17:55
Regular
"360: swfcman"
You need a chip in the PS2 to work the games, which if you get one will void your warranty, also a lot of the games are dvd based so you probally wont be able to use a normal copier. And yes it does sound dodgy to me too.
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
for the playstation 1 you could get chips that sloted in the back, where you put cheat cartradges.i wanted 1 as it doesnt void you warrenty.i hope they bring out 1 for ps2.
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Touched!"
Infamous Stylz wrote:
> how do i go about backing up ps2 games???

Can i ask why u would like to back them up?

btw-no a regualr cd burner will not work
Sat 01/09/01 at 19:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
i was at my local gameshop....and i was talking to one of the staff (a newbie staff who was on is first) day and we were chatting for like half an hour lol...well in the middle of our conversation....this man came along and joined...and he told us that one of his friends had got his ps2 chipped and it blew up lol!!!! the cheeky b*gger took it back to the shop and cos the shop people didn't realise it had been chipped they gave him a new one lol......

anyway chipping is dangerous....your ps2 could explode!!
Sat 01/09/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
Letting people back up their own games and chip their playstation is legal but it makes me laugh how they expect them to keep to this rule!!

Like hello stranger walking down the street here's the keys to my porsche boxster but don't steal it or anything Bahahahaha!!

I think chipping your playstation for backups should be illegal full stop!!
Sat 01/09/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Ö> wrote:
> Letting people back up their own games and chip their playstation is
> legal but it makes me laugh how they expect them to keep to this
> rule!!

Like hello stranger walking down the street here's the
> keys to my porsche boxster but don't steal it or anything
> Bahahahaha!!

I think chipping your playstation for backups should
> be illegal full stop!!

You can't make it illegal, as once you have bought it, it is your property, you can do whatever you want with it. It is also impossible to make backups illegal, due to the existing laws.
Sat 01/09/01 at 20:26
Regular
"Back For Good"
It's fine if people back up their own games but I've never seen anyone with a chipped console doing that, They usally have a heap of someone else's backed up games if you know what I mean.

Sony should just make it rock solid for someone to play chipped games.
Sat 01/09/01 at 21:05
Regular
There's a wealth of websites which tell ou how to backup games, they are interesting reading.

BUT

You're not backing up your own games though, you wantto rent them from Blockbuster, and whizz off a copy so you can keep the game for £3.75 instead of £35.

Call it what it is, piracy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.