GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Father killed family for being too western'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/02/07 at 19:39
Regular
A father killed his wife and four daughters in their sleep because he could not bear them adopting a more westernised lifestyle, an inquest heard yesterday.

Mohammed Riaz, 49, found it abhorrent that his eldest daughter wanted to be a fashion designer, and that she and her sisters were likely to reject the Muslim tradition of arranged marriages.

On Hallowe'en last year he sprayed petrol throughout their terraced home in Accrington, Lancs, and set it alight.

... continued
Wed 21/02/07 at 19:39
Regular
A father killed his wife and four daughters in their sleep because he could not bear them adopting a more westernised lifestyle, an inquest heard yesterday.

Mohammed Riaz, 49, found it abhorrent that his eldest daughter wanted to be a fashion designer, and that she and her sisters were likely to reject the Muslim tradition of arranged marriages.

On Hallowe'en last year he sprayed petrol throughout their terraced home in Accrington, Lancs, and set it alight.

... continued
Wed 21/02/07 at 22:51
Regular
I think countries losing their culture sucks. Imagine a MacDonalds in Rome *shudder*
Wed 21/02/07 at 23:09
Regular
"I may return"
Alfonse wrote:
> I think countries losing their culture sucks. Imagine a
> MacDonalds in Rome *shudder*

There ia a McDonalds in Rome...
Thu 22/02/07 at 12:28
Regular
"8==="
Worrying.

*Takes off spurs and 10 gallon hat*
Mon 26/02/07 at 01:51
Regular
This guy moved to this country and wasn't born here himself.

He starts a new life in a western country and is then shocked when his children are influenced by the culture.

Muppet.
Mon 26/02/07 at 01:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Not only a muppet but a hypocrite. As far as i'm aware he'd been drinking for days before which is banned under Islam. So he's allowed to abandon parts of this religion but his family aren't. Pfft!
Mon 26/02/07 at 02:10
Regular
I have a friend who is Muslim, she won't eat meat unless it is Halal, yet happily quaffs down bottles of Blue WKD and shots of Sambuca at the weekend. She gets plenty of grief for it ... and so she should ... :P
Mon 26/02/07 at 02:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm not sure what irritates me more. Religiously devout people or people pretending to be religiously devout when it suits them. Nah it's still the former, for their sheer bloodymindedness and ignorance.
Mon 26/02/07 at 08:55
Regular
Is it okay to just pick and choose what you want to believe and do in a religion? I wondered this the other day when I was watching Bruce Almighty =) Jennifer Aniston's character seemed very religios with all that praying. But she was more than happy to have sex before marriage.
Mon 26/02/07 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pick and choose as being interpreting texts, yes. People do it all the time. Picking and choosing becomes ridiculous when someone contradicts themselves or hold different ideas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.