GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham isn't englands best player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 11:40
Regular
I think its paul scholes he has such a strong bearing on a match and can turn it around so well and not have everyone raving about it because he is so shy.
Sat 01/09/01 at 11:40
Regular
I think its paul scholes he has such a strong bearing on a match and can turn it around so well and not have everyone raving about it because he is so shy.
Sun 02/09/01 at 10:00
Regular
Paul Scholes is my favourite player. Quitely effective.
England have some of the best young players in the world - Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Michael Owen, Emile Heskey.... in four years time England should be world beaters.
Sun 14/10/01 at 00:41
Regular
Beckham not Englands best player? he was the only England player on the pitch against Greece last week! Paul scholes has been very poor lately...England are nothing without beckham!
Sun 14/10/01 at 01:50
Regular
"Wasting away"
I'll have to agree with you Ortega. Scholes against Greece wouldn't have controlled a pass that was played to his feet from 5 yards away, he was awful. On regular appearences he does shine above a lot of the other players, but Beckham is not one of them nor is Owen.

Who else in England let along the world can pass a ball like him, his accuracy and determination have bought him to where he is now and he is only getting better. I think Owen will be the top scorer in a main competition in Euro'04 as the improvements he has made in the last year is tremendous.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
..and I fail to see how heskey can be seen as a 'world class' young player.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:39
Regular
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Er, proven wrong methinks.
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Back in black"
Well Scholes, he used to be great with his head, always scored. Then he started volleying all the time and always scored. BUT now, he doesn't do much:(
Sun 14/10/01 at 16:46
scholes is an excellent player but beckham and owen are better as they perform 100% of the time when they play while scholes can be inconsistent
Mon 15/10/01 at 10:27
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Scholes IS a world-class player, full stop. He has that ability to ghost into the box unmarked, at the right time and in the right place. That is a quality no amount of time on the practise pitch is going to put into a player.

Sure he had a bad game against Greece. But remember his scoring record is pretty much on a par with Owen's for England, and one bad game does not make him a bad player.

Beckham was exceptional against Greece, always wanting the ball, chasing, trying to motivate.....BUT Carling Opta Stats say his passing accuracy was WORSE than Gerrard AND Scholes. I know Beckham goes for the long, tough pass sometimes, which distorts the stats but even so.

As for Heskey being a world-class player. I fail to see how someone with no real first-touch, no obvious skill, erratic finishing, poor in the air (for his size) and who falls over if you touch him can be classed as world class. He does a job because we have no-one else: Cole and Phillips aren't international class, and Fowler is dump at the moment. If Sheringham was 10 years younger Heskey wouldn't get a look in.

England have the potential, but no strength in depth. If we go to the world cup and one of Owen, Beckham, Scholes or Gerrard gets injured we are going to struggle. Plus we need a left-sided midfielder. But I have to agree, its looking a hell of a lot better than a year ago!
Mon 15/10/01 at 14:31
Regular
The GingerLord wrote:

England have the potential, but no strength in depth. If we go to
> the world cup and one of Owen, Beckham, Scholes or Gerrard gets injured we are
> going to struggle.

I agree 100%. If England come up against someone like Argentina without Beckham or Owen they will get punished. England are only going to get far in the world cup with those two playing, becasue regardless of the perfermance of the rest of the team these two can produce individual moments of brillance that can win a match.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.