GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 - Can it be connected to a computer monitor?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/09/01 at 10:58
Regular
Hi.

Anyone know if the N64 can be connected to a computer monitor? We have one TV and 2 monitors, so it would be soo much easier to use the spare monitor rather than the only TV!!

Thanks,

LH
Sat 01/09/01 at 10:58
Hi.

Anyone know if the N64 can be connected to a computer monitor? We have one TV and 2 monitors, so it would be soo much easier to use the spare monitor rather than the only TV!!

Thanks,

LH
Sat 01/09/01 at 11:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I haven't tried it, but I doubt it very much that it would work if anyone did.

Welcome to the forum.
Sat 01/09/01 at 11:54
Regular
"Australian Person."
I used to have mine connected to a monitor until the screen stopped working.
Sat 01/09/01 at 11:57
Regular
"DS..."
Welcome to the forum lionheart, and in responce to your question, the answer is no you can't connect your N64 to your PC directly, but it may be possible some other way, but only with a complete PC and not just a monitor, i hope this helps!
slik ~_~
Sat 01/09/01 at 12:07
Regular
I thought you could connect it to your monitor if your using a scart cable, I could be wrong though.
Sat 01/09/01 at 12:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I thought you could connect it to your monitor if your using a scart
> cable, I could be wrong though.

Don't you need a TV card for that?
Sat 01/09/01 at 12:12
Regular
Yeah probably.
Sat 01/09/01 at 14:02
Thanks guys. Nothing definite there, but I think the nail has been hit on the head. The fact that you can use a TV card to get TV pictures on a monitor, means that the resolution and scan rate put out by a N64 obviously works on a TV, then there seems no reason why, maybe using a TV card, it should not work on a monitor.

Cheers and thanks for the welcome.

LH

I hope to stick around but the forum setup seems somewhat basic compared to Delphi. I'll see how I get on with the format ( no insult intended by the way, just an observation ).
Sat 01/09/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hi Lion.

Im not sure about your question, I don't think so. I could be wrong though.

Welcome again.
Sat 01/09/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
It does work with a TV card, as that is what my friend does at school.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.