GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 & GC original release prices were?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/03 at 23:28
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Can anyone accurately remember the day of release prices of the N64 and the GC in the UK please?
Sat 29/11/03 at 21:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dringo wrote:
> I swapped Blast Corps for Mario 64. The only swap I EVER did.

Good call.
Sat 29/11/03 at 17:24
Regular
I swapped Blast Corps for Mario 64. The only swap I EVER did.
Sat 29/11/03 at 14:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
N64 + Goldeneye - £100

Lasted me for weeks.

Then Mario 64. For a tenner. HAH!

I needed nothing else.
Sat 29/11/03 at 01:05
Regular
Turok was £70 when released!

The N64 was a console for those that were willing to get less games... pay more money... and have a better collection.

Lets face it the N64 is like the best thing Nintendo ever did... dogged with problems but invented so many classics... Nintendo had no support... had their backs to the wall... and they REALLY came out fighting.

This time around it feels a bit like the SNES with Nintendo adopting traditonal tatics.

N64 should always be Nintendo's proudest generation.
Fri 28/11/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Conker the King"
Yeh the N64 was EXPENSIVE when it launched but hey don't forget it was a HUGE leap forward in technology then! And I remember how people just stood and watched in awe when you played Mario 64. It was amazing.

I remember getting Mario 64 followed by Pilotwings and Wave Race. I remember paying £59.99 for Wave Race! Horrendous price! (Mind you, when Conker was released it was also £59.99). No wonder people went for the Playstation instead!
Fri 28/11/03 at 20:06
Regular
I'd guess because between the launches of the two consoles, the release day went from something that slipped by quietly, where only the hardcore would be interested, and would be willing to pay through the teeth, to something more mainstream, where there were lots of interested potential customers, who were only willing to pay a more reasonable price.

Then again the xbox still launched.. well, a bit expensively :^)
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:37
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ok thanks...

So it was £250 for the N64 and £130 for the GC.

Thats quite a massive difference for day of release consoles from the same manufacturer... its anyones guess what the 'N5' will sell for on day one lol.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:28
"Darkness, always"
I went halves on the N64 with my Dad, £125 each, plus he paid for Mario and Pilotwings.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
When I got my N64 on launch day, I got the console (£250), plus all three games (Mario 64, Pilotwings 64 and Shadows of the Empire (I think all £50).

£400.

But it was worth every penney. Seeing the camera fly by and swoop around the Peach Castle at the beginning of Mario 64 is still one of my most treasured gaming memories, but seeing the HUGE boarders on Pilotwings 64 is one memory I wish to forget.
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
£309.99 even, must chuck calulator in bin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.