GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga'.
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh c'mon, surely I'm not the only one who is playing this fine title am I?

It's classic Nintendo. Simple. Sublime. Deep. And of course, darn' good fun to play.

Those of you familar with Paper Mario, will feel right at home with this. Like the aforementioned game, there's plenty to explore, see and do here. Some of the mini-games you come across bear resemblence to the craziness that is Wario Ware. But ultimately, it doesn't ONCE feel like a chore to play, which some RPG's suffer from.

You control both Mario & Luigi throughout this adventure. The "A" button is mapped to Mario and the "B" is mapped to Luigi, you can change this by pressing "Start", which will move Luigi to the front, with Mario being relegated to the back.

The brother can team-up to utilise different attacks in battle and methods of navigating certain obstacles, like a high-ledge for example.

It's actually quite refreshing to play an RPG with a turn-based battle system that doesn't bore me rigid. It works incredibly well. Hit "A" to attack the enemy, and then hit "A" just before you attack your enemy and if you've been succesful, you will be a greater deal of damage. This of course, works when being attacked as well, time it right and you can dodge an attack - and in some cases depending on the attack, administer a counter-attack.

Probably the best GBA game out this year IMO.
Mon 31/01/11 at 02:41
Totally with you. It is one of those games that just rocks!!!!!!!!!
Sat 29/11/03 at 11:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If Paper Mario comes out on GC, Matt shall buy it.
Sat 29/11/03 at 00:58
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I have never played Paper Mario but I can say Mario & Luigi
> Superstar Saga is class!

I felt Conker was the last great throw for the N64... I've always wanted to remember that as being the N64's big goodbye and not the late release of Tony Hawks 2 and MArio PArty 3...

but...

Paper Mario is a worthy worthy worthy finale to the N64 legacy... just a shame no one really bought it.

Played it to death.

Will get this sooner or later.
Sat 29/11/03 at 00:07
Regular
"relocated"
I'd never heard of this game until I read a tiny bit about in this month's Edge. Looks great but I'll have to get the GBA player first so that I can preserve my eyesight.
Fri 28/11/03 at 22:36
Regular
I have never played Paper Mario but I can say Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga is class!

I've not had much time to play it but I still think it excellent from what I've played so far...except for the skipping...
Fri 28/11/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It came out Friday 21/11, looks good, have it at home as Xmas pressie for someone but will leave it sealed !
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Solskjær wrote:
> I've been interested in this game for while, and I got an e-mail fro
> CD-WOW! this morning that confirms the game has now been despatched.
> :)
>
> Glad to hear it is like Paper Mario - I love that game!
>
>
> Looking forward to playing it early next week (or, perhaps, even
> tommorow; knowing what CD-WOW! are like for 'efficiency').
>
> :)

Incidentally, I believe Mario & Luigi has been done by the same team that developed Paper Mario.
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've been interested in this game for while, and I got an e-mail fro CD-WOW! this morning that confirms the game has now been despatched. :)

Glad to hear it is like Paper Mario - I love that game!

Looking forward to playing it early next week (or, perhaps, even tommorow; knowing what CD-WOW! are like for 'efficiency').

:)
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:35
"cheerios"
First I've heard of it...
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh c'mon, surely I'm not the only one who is playing this fine title am I?

It's classic Nintendo. Simple. Sublime. Deep. And of course, darn' good fun to play.

Those of you familar with Paper Mario, will feel right at home with this. Like the aforementioned game, there's plenty to explore, see and do here. Some of the mini-games you come across bear resemblence to the craziness that is Wario Ware. But ultimately, it doesn't ONCE feel like a chore to play, which some RPG's suffer from.

You control both Mario & Luigi throughout this adventure. The "A" button is mapped to Mario and the "B" is mapped to Luigi, you can change this by pressing "Start", which will move Luigi to the front, with Mario being relegated to the back.

The brother can team-up to utilise different attacks in battle and methods of navigating certain obstacles, like a high-ledge for example.

It's actually quite refreshing to play an RPG with a turn-based battle system that doesn't bore me rigid. It works incredibly well. Hit "A" to attack the enemy, and then hit "A" just before you attack your enemy and if you've been succesful, you will be a greater deal of damage. This of course, works when being attacked as well, time it right and you can dodge an attack - and in some cases depending on the attack, administer a counter-attack.

Probably the best GBA game out this year IMO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.