GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SECRET OF MANA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/06/00 at 12:50
Regular
The best game that has ever been invented for a console yet has to be SECRET OF MANA on the SNES. I can still remember the day i got the game. The first time you play you just marvel at the depth the game has got. Forget about Final Fantasy 7 + 8, this is truly the No.1 game ever. Up to 3 players can play in this fantasic RPG which i dont think has ever been done. If you dont have 2 other friends you can get the computer to play these characters. Each player has their own unique battle stlye. One player is a Warrior with good battle skills another player is a magician and another an dwarf who is also good with magic. You must use these special characteristics to great effect. This game is superb with at least 50 hours+ gameeplay in it this has to be a truly great game. I say re-release it. If you still have a SNES then check out this super game.
FINAL FANTASY EAT YOU HEART OUT!
Wed 02/08/00 at 11:26
Regular
"not dead"
It was fantastic, great story, great weaopons, did you know it wasn't possible to get them all to the highest level? but there was a greater game...

which I shall reveal later....
Tue 25/07/00 at 17:22
I remember when my brother got this game on import form the US - it cost £54.99, but it was the best money he had ever spent.

The game is huge, but the gameplay is so ingenious that you can't stop playing. Whether it was the next weapon you wanted to get, or the next boss you wanted to beat, I just couldn't stay away from the SNES. I went into my brother's room at about 7:00am on a Sunday morning to play on this game, and from first to last, the playability is fantastic. The wondrous array of weapons, and the various upgrades you could get for them through the ores earnt from beating bosses or in treasure chests fascinated me. The elemenatal spirits that could be found after beating a boss - Undine, Gnome, Salamander, Shade, Sylphid and Dryad - kept me wanting to play the game more and more. I really hope that this game is re-released, but not as the Legend of Mana or some game like that. The beauty of this game was that the graphics were simple, but the ideas were so intricate and imaginative that the graphics were not important. The people at Squaresoft should really consider doing another game like this, without the flashy graphics, but with the ideas. The FF series were not as good due to the "my hit, your hit, my hit, your hit" method - Secret of Mana had the "my hit, my hit, my hit" method, where you didn't have turns - you went in with your weapon blazing.

We want more!!!!
Sat 10/06/00 at 16:15
Rosie wrote:
> The best game that has ever been invented for a console yet has to
> be SECRET OF MANA on the SNES. I can still remember the day i got
> the game. The first time you play you just marvel at the depth the
> game has got. Forget about Final Fantasy 7 + 8, this is truly the
> No.1 game ever. Up to 3 players can play in this fantasic RPG
> which i dont think has ever been done. If you dont have 2 other
> friends you can get the computer to play these characters. Each
> player has their own unique battle stlye. One player is a Warrior
> with good battle skills another player is a magician and another
> an dwarf who is also good with magic. You must use these special
> characteristics to great effect. This game is superb with at least
> 50 hours+ gameeplay in it this has to be a truly great game. I say
> re-release it. If you still have a SNES then check out this super
> game.
> FINAL FANTASY EAT YOU HEART OUT!
Sun 04/06/00 at 12:50
The best game that has ever been invented for a console yet has to be SECRET OF MANA on the SNES. I can still remember the day i got the game. The first time you play you just marvel at the depth the game has got. Forget about Final Fantasy 7 + 8, this is truly the No.1 game ever. Up to 3 players can play in this fantasic RPG which i dont think has ever been done. If you dont have 2 other friends you can get the computer to play these characters. Each player has their own unique battle stlye. One player is a Warrior with good battle skills another player is a magician and another an dwarf who is also good with magic. You must use these special characteristics to great effect. This game is superb with at least 50 hours+ gameeplay in it this has to be a truly great game. I say re-release it. If you still have a SNES then check out this super game.
FINAL FANTASY EAT YOU HEART OUT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.