GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Im thinking of buying a Panasoinc Q - Who's got one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Conker the King"
I am seriously thinking of buying a Panasonic Q. I would get it from Lik-Sang and it comes fully modded (Jap/US) and with an English faceplate for the remote control. They also supply a step down convertor - FREE.
I would have to buy a Freeloader to be able to play PAL games though.

If anyone has one, what do they think? Was it worth the money? Does it play OK with a Freeloader? Do you need to get anything else with it?

Any more advice/info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Honest!
Sat 29/11/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
there are always some for same on ntsc-uk.com or ebay, when they say 2005 they probably mean Xmas 2005 or even 2006 so don't hold your breath !
Fri 28/11/03 at 20:47
Regular
I have one.

Had problems with Sumper Monkey Ball on freeloader, but nothing else.
It's nice to have a multi-region dvd too, and it does look the nuts.

If your TV won't support an NTSC signal you'll need an NTSC to PAL convertor, for £30 to £50 for a decent enough one.

If I were thinking of buying one now, I wouldn't. The next consoles will be out in 2005 anyway, and you could spend that money better on other stuff that won't be dated so soon.
Fri 28/11/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Conker the King"
I am seriously thinking of buying a Panasonic Q. I would get it from Lik-Sang and it comes fully modded (Jap/US) and with an English faceplate for the remote control. They also supply a step down convertor - FREE.
I would have to buy a Freeloader to be able to play PAL games though.

If anyone has one, what do they think? Was it worth the money? Does it play OK with a Freeloader? Do you need to get anything else with it?

Any more advice/info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Honest!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.