GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thank You Mario"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/08/01 at 16:22
Regular
Back when I was younger (3 to be precise) I played my very first computer game. It was Super Mario Land on the Gameboy. It was a very simple game, run across the level stomping on all the enemies so you can rescue the Princess. I loved that game. It took me 3 weeks but I finally managed to complete it, at 7 o’clock one morning I finally beat the last boss. I was ecstatic. I’d tried and tried and finally I had accomplished it. Even now, 9 years later, I still play on Super Mario Land. I still love it. Even though I can complete the whole game in less than half an hour I still keep playing for two reasons. The fun I get out of playing it and the memories it evokes in me. I love that game and I will never part with it.

Then, about 6 months later, my brother bought a SNES. The first game he had was Street Fighter II. The second game he bought was Super Mario World. Super Mario World is easily my favourite ever game because I enjoyed it so much. I kept my SNES (Which I bought off my brother when I was 7) until I bought my N64. It was a move that I now regret. I’m considering buying another SNES just so I can play that game again. I’d sit for hours and hours playing it. Going back and finding all the secret levels and whatnot. I loved it so much and I will all ways cherish that game.

Since then of course I’ve played on loads and loads of Mario games. But none of them quite compare to those first two. They will all ways hold a place in my heart.

When I was about 8, my mum bought me some Mario videos. I loved them. Me and my friend would walk home from school, get in the house and sit and watch them. Quite funny really, even when he comes round now, whenever we have lunch we all ways watch one of those two videos. I even occasionally watch them by myself. I enjoy them still and am all ways on the lookout for more like them but never seem to find them.

Even Mario based books are ones I still read. You know those books where you make a decision and the book says Turn to Page 90 or whatever. I have a whole collection of them. All of them Mario. The film as well. I know the actors were lousy, and the storyline was rubbish, and the actors were lousy and that the actors were lousy but I still watch that film, purely because it’s Mario.

The memories that Mario has given me are very special. Like the first time I played on a video game. That was Mario. The first time I ever played on an N64 game. That was Mario. My favourite game ever? That’s Mario. He was all ways there whenever I was upset or felt lousy, I could just sit in my chair, plug Mario World into the SNES and envelope myself in his world.

Despite everything, I know that Mario will all ways be there for me. He’s been there for me before so he’ll be there for me again. And he’ll stay there forever.

Mario, the fat, balding plumber will all ways hold a special place in my heart and will never be dislodged from there.

And, after all this time, I’d just like to say: thank you Mario, for everything.

RBS
Fri 31/08/01 at 16:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Back when I was younger (3 to be precise) I played my very first computer game. It was Super Mario Land on the Gameboy. It was a very simple game, run across the level stomping on all the enemies so you can rescue the Princess. I loved that game. It took me 3 weeks but I finally managed to complete it, at 7 o’clock one morning I finally beat the last boss. I was ecstatic. I’d tried and tried and finally I had accomplished it. Even now, 9 years later, I still play on Super Mario Land. I still love it. Even though I can complete the whole game in less than half an hour I still keep playing for two reasons. The fun I get out of playing it and the memories it evokes in me. I love that game and I will never part with it.

Then, about 6 months later, my brother bought a SNES. The first game he had was Street Fighter II. The second game he bought was Super Mario World. Super Mario World is easily my favourite ever game because I enjoyed it so much. I kept my SNES (Which I bought off my brother when I was 7) until I bought my N64. It was a move that I now regret. I’m considering buying another SNES just so I can play that game again. I’d sit for hours and hours playing it. Going back and finding all the secret levels and whatnot. I loved it so much and I will all ways cherish that game.

Since then of course I’ve played on loads and loads of Mario games. But none of them quite compare to those first two. They will all ways hold a place in my heart.

When I was about 8, my mum bought me some Mario videos. I loved them. Me and my friend would walk home from school, get in the house and sit and watch them. Quite funny really, even when he comes round now, whenever we have lunch we all ways watch one of those two videos. I even occasionally watch them by myself. I enjoy them still and am all ways on the lookout for more like them but never seem to find them.

Even Mario based books are ones I still read. You know those books where you make a decision and the book says Turn to Page 90 or whatever. I have a whole collection of them. All of them Mario. The film as well. I know the actors were lousy, and the storyline was rubbish, and the actors were lousy and that the actors were lousy but I still watch that film, purely because it’s Mario.

The memories that Mario has given me are very special. Like the first time I played on a video game. That was Mario. The first time I ever played on an N64 game. That was Mario. My favourite game ever? That’s Mario. He was all ways there whenever I was upset or felt lousy, I could just sit in my chair, plug Mario World into the SNES and envelope myself in his world.

Despite everything, I know that Mario will all ways be there for me. He’s been there for me before so he’ll be there for me again. And he’ll stay there forever.

Mario, the fat, balding plumber will all ways hold a special place in my heart and will never be dislodged from there.

And, after all this time, I’d just like to say: thank you Mario, for everything.

RBS
Fri 31/08/01 at 16:46
Regular
I agree Rasta the first game I got for my gameboy. Mario. The first game I got for my SNES. Mario. And guess what I got for my first N64 game. yes Mario. Hes the King of Nintendo.
Fri 31/08/01 at 16:50
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> I agree Rasta the first game I got for my gameboy. Mario. The first
> game I got for my SNES. Mario. And guess what I got for my first N64
> game. yes Mario. Hes the King of Nintendo.

me exactly the same, i just got a NES and the first game i got was a mario one and i just bought a GBA and the first game i got was SM advance. i love that fat plumber.
Fri 31/08/01 at 17:47
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Good post, RBS. However, if you read this, can I just say that I had a plan to post something along the lines of this post here as well? Only it will be longer. And will be about Mario.

You don't mind do you? Because I've had the idea about this for a while now, but hadn't had enough free time to work on it. It will be a lot different from yours, though. So I hope you don't think I've copied you.

RBS?
Fri 31/08/01 at 19:02
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i love mario , even though the first ever game i played was sonic on the mega drive , i still play super mario on the gameboy , and the n64 , just recently (today actually) and yesterday , i got out mario 64 , made a new file and started to get all the stars again , eventhough ive completed it already , i , like RBS , still ove going back , finding all the things , and so on. When mario and sonic go onto a game together , that will really make my game.
Fri 31/08/01 at 20:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Good post, RBS. However, if you read this, can I just say that I had
> a plan to post something along the lines of this post here as well?
> Only it will be longer. And will be about Mario.

You don't mind
> do you? Because I've had the idea about this for a while now, but
> hadn't had enough free time to work on it. It will be a lot
> different from yours, though. So I hope you don't think I've copied
> you.

RBS?

Yeah sure, I don't care ;-D
Fri 31/08/01 at 21:40
Regular
Mario World on the Snes is a game I I've always liked.

I've heard that it's perfectly converted in Mario Advance 2 coming soon to the GBA.

I still think that Donkey Kong Country was even better though.

As for the N64, I first bought it for Goldeneye but Mario 64 was the second one I bought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.