GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got FFX-2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Sun 30/11/03 at 08:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SPOILER ALERT ****** If you're one of those people who don't want ANYTHING spoiled about FFX-2 then stop right now, however i'm not giving anything about the story away, just talking about some gameplay points in the game. ******* SPOILER ALERT

So far my view is that it's well.....errr.....'different' then most RPG's. Now i knew from prowling around Gamefaqs that this had a very J-pop, tounge in cheek feel to it but this is very strange. Even the opening got me thinking to myself 'huh?' especially when the screen went all Undercova Brother to show a picture of Yuna, Rikku or Paine posing.

Only played through up to the end of the first mission and it seems good so far. Battles are very fast paced, even with the wait mode on and the dress-spheres are a nice addition although i do prefer my sphere grid (dress-spheres are just a toned down version of that, difference is whereas in FFX you could choose to be a white mage straight away and head off in that direction, you have to wait until you find the dress-sphere for that now.) Did get stuck though on second mission so gave it up and went to sleep although i was rushing through it and probably missed something obvious.
I do like the fact they now have a completion meter on the save screen so now you can tell how well you're doing. Although 3% after only 15 minutes of play is a bit worrying, for an RPG anyway.

Can't really say more than that so far as only played it for a short time but it seems to be worth the £50 i paid for it on import.
Sun 30/11/03 at 08:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SPOILER ALERT ****** If you're one of those people who don't want ANYTHING spoiled about FFX-2 then stop right now, however i'm not giving anything about the story away, just talking about some gameplay points in the game. ******* SPOILER ALERT

So far my view is that it's well.....errr.....'different' then most RPG's. Now i knew from prowling around Gamefaqs that this had a very J-pop, tounge in cheek feel to it but this is very strange. Even the opening got me thinking to myself 'huh?' especially when the screen went all Undercova Brother to show a picture of Yuna, Rikku or Paine posing.

Only played through up to the end of the first mission and it seems good so far. Battles are very fast paced, even with the wait mode on and the dress-spheres are a nice addition although i do prefer my sphere grid (dress-spheres are just a toned down version of that, difference is whereas in FFX you could choose to be a white mage straight away and head off in that direction, you have to wait until you find the dress-sphere for that now.) Did get stuck though on second mission so gave it up and went to sleep although i was rushing through it and probably missed something obvious.
I do like the fact they now have a completion meter on the save screen so now you can tell how well you're doing. Although 3% after only 15 minutes of play is a bit worrying, for an RPG anyway.

Can't really say more than that so far as only played it for a short time but it seems to be worth the £50 i paid for it on import.
Sun 30/11/03 at 11:55
Regular
"360: swfcman"
It sounds...as you say...different.

Really hope they havent spoilt the FF feel to the game.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:58
"period drama"
Well, they're trying something totally different in pretty much every respect. And you've got to give them credit for that.

I promised myself I'd have all my import gubbins set-up before FFX-2 came out. But I'm not any closer than I was 6 months ago.
Tue 02/12/03 at 09:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Really starting to get into the game now after the initial shock. It's really a refreshing change from having a hero who

a) vows revenge on villain for killing his parents
b) vows revenge on villain for killing his parents and destroying his village
c) vows revenge on villain for stealing a precious item that can destroy the world

Paine is annoying me though just basically for the fact you can't hear her in the cutscenes and when you turn the volume up to a level where she can be heard, Rikku shouts so much you have your neighbours come round complaining.

Starting to get less worried about the completion rate now as i've already found a little frogger-esque type game i can see me spending ages on plus the fact i still have Blitzball to come (even if i am a bit worried of it being changed to only management aspects now)

10% at 3.23 hours. So a 30 hour game isn't too bad value for money. (Though that will shoot up with me trying to level out everything and playing tons of blitzball no doubt)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.