GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fast And Furious: Tokyo Drift"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/06 at 17:14
Regular
Anyone seen the new movie? Comments? I did and I thought it was good to see the cars nicely drifting (especially as when we came out of the cinema some modified cars drifted past us). However the film seemed a bit lacking on the story half, but the ending with..

*spoiler!*
Vin Diesel in it was nice to see, maybe he will be back and add some vigour in fast and furious 4?
*spoiler!*
Wed 05/07/06 at 19:13
Regular
"nooblet"
It doesnt look like a good movie.. just another car movie, the first one was the best, the second one kinda sucked. Bring back vin deisal.. however you spell his name..
I will watch it when it comes out on dvd, not worth going to the cinema for..
Sun 02/07/06 at 10:18
Regular
All I can say is.... lol
Thu 29/06/06 at 20:46
Regular
"Mooching around"
But then... You Boogey. :P
Thu 29/06/06 at 19:51
Regular
Also how he intends to beat a japanese car at drifting in a big heavy yank car is beyond me :s
Thu 29/06/06 at 18:27
Regular
"lets go back"
He's in it for the about 10 seconds at the very end. Its more of a "this guy was in the first film" kind of moment.
Thu 29/06/06 at 16:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Does Vin Diesel play a major role in it?

It looks awful from the advert, and the only reason I might watch it is if any of the old characters return properly.
Wed 28/06/06 at 19:04
Regular
and further to that you could always look at the good old wikipedia site, Here
Wed 28/06/06 at 18:59
Regular
It's easy, especially in a rear wheel drive car. Just steer in to the apex sharp, then u can do either 3 things;

Use the handbrake to get bak out and steer into skid to keep it going, then use throttle to keep it at the right angle.

Go into the corner and accelerate hard, then when the back tails out turn into slide, u can steer it on the throttle this way (increasing the throttle increases angle of skid, decreasing it means the car will eventually regain grip)

Go into the corner and use the foot brake hard for s short time to unsettle the car, preferably just a bit before ur on full lock going into the turn.

To drift like they do on the film it takes skill, but its relatively easy to drift quite a lot. Front wheel drive cars cant oversteer (accelerate hard to get back out) simply because they just understeer and go straight on 'laughs'.

Next they will probably make a film about hand brake turns and J-Turns and other ways to throw the car around, all in the name of good fun :). BTW try not to do it on public roads, but islands r very easy to do it on ;-)
Wed 28/06/06 at 18:50
Regular
"lets go back"
I liked it and now want to learn how to drift.
Wed 28/06/06 at 17:29
Regular
"back in the day" 'laughs' and yes it does seem to be on the other thread, but that was about all the films, this one was hopefully going to be picked up by the people who drive modified cars :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.