GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty online, how?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty'.
Mon 01/12/03 at 21:38
Regular
I'm a recent convert from the PS2 to the PC.
I've been playing call of duty off-line, but want some multiplayer fun.
I can join a server with no problems, but then I'm just presented with a screen showing a list of user names and ping rates.

What I have I got to do next?
Wed 03/12/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
They took down the BY servers :( Now all we've got is Gamesurf Kata and vehicle. Although the vehicle server has some great maps on the rotation.

And I joned a tribse (woo) simply because it results in more games that aren't full of newbies who are seemingly oblivious to the little green triangle above my head. Grrr.
Wed 03/12/03 at 15:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Tribes 2 kicks all online games butts, though I haven't played it in a while, can't stomach waiting for all those patches to install. Can't wait for Tribes 3.
Wed 03/12/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Tribes 2 does. No really, it does.
Wed 03/12/03 at 15:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> Heh, nothing beats Counter-strike...

Huh, you wanna bet.
Wed 03/12/03 at 15:50
Regular
Heh, nothing beats Counter-strike...
Wed 03/12/03 at 12:52
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
COD online is the most amazing online player v player and team deathmatch game around I think. Much better than Counter strike in my opinion, although Day of defeat is excellent as well.
Tue 02/12/03 at 21:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Man, I played the MOH multiplayer demo to death. I racked up 200 kills once... though I had about 100 deaths, heh.

I was amazing at that map, since it was the only one you could play at the time (another came out before the game was released, I didn't like it)

I played the full game online a bit, but not as much as that demo.

MoJo with sniper rifle = headshots. And lots of 'em.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Teal'c"
Well I want to play with you sometime then.

Actually, the reason I hate it so much is that it bares no resemblance to MOHAA, which I rocked at in it's later days. DAMN YOU ALL.
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
CoD online is amazing froot, and you know it.
Tue 02/12/03 at 16:44
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Actually, I quite like it. Mind you, I would say that seeing as I own at it. Or at least I used to, until installing a mod for it made my crosshair disappear, leaving me severly handicapped.

I now employ a technique which involves locating an enemy, taking a potshot, seeing where the bullet lands in relation to the enemy's location, and then recalibrating my aim accordingly. It all takes time, and by the time I've seen where the first shot has landed, they're aware of my presence and have taken me down.

I 'spose I could reinstall the game. If only I wasn't so lazy. Ah well, back to CS for me...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.