GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda disc rumours"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/12/03 at 21:56
Regular
There were rumours that the Zelda disc would be for sale exclusive to a certain retailer farily soon.

Well I don't know if this is going to be the case, but that retailer is giving away that disc for free with every GameCube.

The cover has a barcode and is in a purple GameCube game case. Has "Promotional use only" or something similar in big letters on it, and also claims not to be for resale.

So whether another cover will be printed for ones to be sold seperately or not, I don't know. Would be interesting though.
Mon 01/12/03 at 21:56
Regular
There were rumours that the Zelda disc would be for sale exclusive to a certain retailer farily soon.

Well I don't know if this is going to be the case, but that retailer is giving away that disc for free with every GameCube.

The cover has a barcode and is in a purple GameCube game case. Has "Promotional use only" or something similar in big letters on it, and also claims not to be for resale.

So whether another cover will be printed for ones to be sold seperately or not, I don't know. Would be interesting though.
Mon 01/12/03 at 23:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Intresting.. do you have any idea at what sort of price this retailer would be selling them.

I got mine free ^_^, but it would be intresting to see how much I've saved.
Tue 02/12/03 at 00:29
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
2 weeks ago i saw one being bid on at e-bay and it had reached £40!! :O

I have no idea what they are fetching on e-bay right now as i havnt looked lately, if this disk was sold by G*** (for example) then they would want at least £19.99 for it... thats the minimum im guessing at anyway.
Tue 02/12/03 at 00:36
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Out of curiosity i just checked ebay out and wow... theres another Zelda collection disk there selling for £37 at this moment (it runs out in 35 mins so check this URL if you really want this disk and are prepared to spend ludicrous amounts of ca$h for it lol...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?(remove this part of URL)ViewItem&item=3061638391&category=27221
Tue 02/12/03 at 09:11
Regular
There limited deal yesterday made me wish I didn't have a GameCube. Easily the best bundle I've ever seen.
Wed 03/12/03 at 20:20
Regular
rabid wrote:
> 2 weeks ago i saw one being bid on at e-bay and it had reached
> £40!! :O
>
> I have no idea what they are fetching on e-bay right now as i havnt
> looked lately, if this disk was sold by G*** (for example) then they
> would want at least £19.99 for it... thats the minimum im
> guessing at anyway.

The current version in the shops, as I stated, is for promotional use only. It scans at 0.00 - basically free and I'm therefore assuming the barcode is for keeping a check on stock levels only.
Wed 03/12/03 at 21:45
Regular
You mean the new Nintendo deal announced last month that as of December 1st single Gamecube consoles now come bundled with the special Zelda collectors disc.

In all stores.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Balls"
i got mine for 20 quid, i saw one on ebay gave a bid, then e-mailed the bloke and said "i'll give ya 20 quid for the disk right here and now" and the bloke said OK then, thinking it was a good deal. cheap as chips.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:24
Regular
Cheap????

I got mine for 4500 stars.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I have none...

I hate Ninty when they do stuff like this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.