GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 Controller"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 19:03
Regular
The N64 controller was possibly the best one ever designed. This was because it is so comforable and all the buttons were easy too reach. Unlike some people I never thought the stick was too skinny, it was always just, like I said before, simple and easy. But yeah, my controller is getting loose...I think it's because of the white gunk-stuff in and under the controller, but the only way I know how too clean it, which doesn't help much, is by blowing on it.
Thu 06/09/01 at 21:55
Who knows? wrote:
> The n64 Controller is the best controller ever made!

What a well justified view! WOW!

But the fact is that the N64 was identical to the Saturn 3D pad that was in development and came out well before it... except for 3 things:

1) Shape: The saturn d and analogue pad were positioned EXACTLY like they are on the gc pad... but swaped around so the analogue is at the top.

2) Buttons: the saturn pad had no z button... but then again, no n64 game expected u to use both the L,R, and Z button, so infact the N64 pad ecentially has only 2 usably shoulder buttons at once (usually the L button is not used)... which is the same as the Saturn 3d pad

3) the analogue stick on the N64 was actually an analogue "nugget/ball" on the DC... both were excellent to use
Thu 06/09/01 at 21:08
The n64 Controller is the best controller ever made!
Tue 04/09/01 at 20:28
Out of interest, what makes the N64 pad so good?

But more importantly, what makes it better than the 3D analogue pad on the Saturn, that had an analogue stick, D pad, 6 face buttons, and 2 shoulder buttons (infact... it was just like a black DC pad, except with no analogue BUTTONS, and with more buttons on top of the pad- 6 instead of 4).

And everyone says that sega copied Ninty with the analogue pad!

Oh... and the Saturn 3d pad was sooooo much more comfortable than the DC pad... and had more buttons! Why did they "refine" it?
Tue 04/09/01 at 19:28
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
well does holding a 9v batttery shock you?
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:27
u could do?

I dunno
Sun 02/09/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> yeah , also try playing a game with out the plastic covers on the
> controller , it's pretty easy if you dont get an electric shock !!!

How did you get a shock off 3v?
Sun 02/09/01 at 13:25
I suppose that mucks up your warranty
Fri 31/08/01 at 20:13
You crazy fool
Fri 31/08/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Indian-DudeY2K wrote:
> the stuff just around the joystick bit is ok to clean off , but dont
> open the actual box itself.
Kulgan , your
> welcome
Or†êgå, i know the are mental , i swapped my
> green half with my matses gold half , i had it for ages , then we
> swapped back.

I changed mine around and then swapped them back, don't know why though...
Fri 31/08/01 at 19:13
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
but if by any chance you do have a nackered controller about somewhere , and yuo are feeling curious about the jotstick box , just unscrew all the screws , the take out all the bits , the actual joystick controls are very simple , all it is is a few little switches attched to some wires that go to the chip , with a load of cogs to make the stuff move , so when you move the stick , the cogs move about touch and move the switches and then the sensors somewhere tell the control what to do ! oh yeah , if you take out all the buttons the you can change the b button with the a button , so then if you give the controll to your mate or something to play with and they have never played on one before then they will be pressing the wrong buttons to do stuff !! i think it works , i forgot whether the buttons fitted into the other socket or not. oh yeah , also try playing a game with out the plastic covers on the controller , it's pretty easy if you dont get an electric shock !!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.