GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOA sales figures: good news for once"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 16:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
America's top-selling home video game console is.. the Gamecube. Sold more than half a million systems to consumers during Thanksgiving week, easily surpassing its console competitors. And the GBA sold even more, over 600,000. Nintendo must be counting their profits this week.

Go-sen's US counterpart said: "We're overwhelmed by how successful we've been. We're tracking to sell more systems in the last eight weeks of the year than we did in the previous 10 months combined."

Optimistic news for Nintendo is never a bad thing. However it unfortunately just goes to show how utterly crap the Gamecube has been doing in the last 10 months.
Thu 04/12/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Stuck at work at 9p"
My boss wants to know. Apart from that no idea!
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:27
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Yes, but it will likely be only for British shares.

Goes... over.. Dringo's... head.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:23
"cheerios"
Cyclone wrote:
> Go-Sen.
>
> NGC make me laugh.

Not anything to do with this topic... but when did you post your walkthrough to "Viewtful Joe"?
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes, but it will likely be only for British shares.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im opening up a share dealing account with the halifax, its only £10.50 per trade or something like that, so its quite reasonable.
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:08
Regular
We'll see...

Indeed I'm over 18 but not too sure it's clever for me to dabble in this just yet :)
Wed 03/12/03 at 22:05
"I love yo... lamp."
A trifle over £49.10 per share, at current exchange rates. If you are over 18, you could get one. You would also need to factor in trading fees. And with it being a foreign share you may have some difficulty in buying it.

They fell nearly 3.5% today as well. I was pleased by the news that the GC was doing well, but it does not seem to be helping the financial performance yet.
Wed 03/12/03 at 21:50
Regular
Wonder how much a share is worth...

Hmmmmmmm.
Wed 03/12/03 at 21:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Syphonical wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> That's not good news, I will get none of the money regardless of my
> support for Nintendo all these years.
>
> Buy some shares then.
>
> Isn't Nintendo a private limited company?
>
> A few months ago we had to follow share prices(business studies), and
> i couldn't find nintendo anywhere

It's on the Nikkei in Tokyo, not the FTSE in London.
Wed 03/12/03 at 21:47
Regular
Why do you need to know that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.