GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want to retrieve .jpg images via form_to_mail.php"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/02/07 at 11:36
Regular
"Become a veteran"
Freeola's form_to_mail.php utility sends me by e-mail the text fields entered by viewers into the value boxes on a Dreamweaver form I have built. I want to enable the viewer to upload small .jpg file eg 15kb into file fields on my form, and I want form_to_mail.php to e-mail the images back to me with the text values. Has anyone achieved this and could they possibly explain in not-too-technical terms how to do it please?
Fri 23/02/07 at 15:05
Regular
"Become a veteran"
For that small comfort, much thanks hmmm. I am conducting tests with a .php script aimed at returning .jpg files to me by e-mail. I submitted a test form 18 hours ago and still do not know whether or not it was successful. As I am working by sophisticated trial-and-error, altering one line of code at a time, this is not a very pleasing state of affairs. Can Freeola not introduce a white list for known and trusted users whereby their needs can be filtered out of the pack and processed more quickly?
Due to the need to get on with my new business, I had to have my site hosted elsewhere where the responses were received within seconds. But I still keep ALL my other sites hosted by Freeola.
Fri 23/02/07 at 09:03
"Are you sure?"
As you can see [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/FREEOLA-formtomailphp-problems-1866.html[/URL] there are still problems with formmail.

It's not the best time to be working on this as testing will be rather tricky at the moment!
Fri 23/02/07 at 07:07
Regular
"Become a veteran"
Thank you for the lead hmmm. I visited tectite.com and downloaded their .php script. Their first test told me an e-mail had been despatched and invited me to check my in-box. It should have resulted in receipt of an e-mail but nothing has arrived, even overnight. Their comment if no e-mail arrives: "You have a problem with sending e-mail from your server". I thought Freeola had resolved the delay problem. Is anyone else having problems in receiving e-mails from .php - or even not having problems?
Wed 21/02/07 at 13:43
"Are you sure?"
There are plenty of free formmail scripts that will allow you to send images, so I wouldn't let your 'progammer' get too carried away.

You can find loads using Google, but one of my favourites is the formmail script from tectite (www.tectite.com).
Wed 21/02/07 at 13:38
Regular
"Become a veteran"
Thank you cjh. I am told by a professional programmer that you are right. He has offered to provide me with a script which will return both text and uploaded images by e-mail via my Freeola mailbox. I am awaiting his quote for the work and if his script meets my aims, I may say so on this forum.
Tue 20/02/07 at 18:40
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I don't think it is currently possible to use the Freeola form to mail script to add attachments I'm afraid.
Tue 20/02/07 at 11:36
Regular
"Become a veteran"
Freeola's form_to_mail.php utility sends me by e-mail the text fields entered by viewers into the value boxes on a Dreamweaver form I have built. I want to enable the viewer to upload small .jpg file eg 15kb into file fields on my form, and I want form_to_mail.php to e-mail the images back to me with the text values. Has anyone achieved this and could they possibly explain in not-too-technical terms how to do it please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.