GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GUNS AND ROSES........................SIMPLY CLASS!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 13:40
Regular
Yes you heard right Guns and Roses.Probably the best rock band ever.Let me tell you a little something about them.
Some of you may be too young to have ever witnessed there ever lasting talent.
Before Nirvana came and ruined, or saved depending on your point of view, rock, GNR ruled the roost. They were angry young men in a world of big hair and too much foundation (that’s the men not the women by the way). Axl Rose called Guns N’ Roses the ‘most dangerous band on the planet’. And they were. They caused riots, upset the people that mattered, did things their way. They did it the right way, the rock way. But most importantly they, like the devil, had the tunes.
Axl knew how to put a band together. His right hand man, Slash, will go down in history as one of the best rock guitarists ever to pick up a six string. Unlike many super-talented strummers, he had taste and an ear for a good melody. He could play eight million notes a second but didn’t see why he should just to impress you. He didn’t care about anything or anyone, the perfect attitude for a rock guitarist. But to a degree Slash wouldn’t have been half the guitarist he was without the support of Izzy Stadlin. Izzy’s rhythm guitar smashed against Slash’s lead lines, both underpinning and fighting the melody. He was the football defender with a hat-trick goal average.
Live this pairing really came into its own. While Axl was snarling down the front, sending the crowd into hysterics, these two wrapped it all up in their twelve bits of wire.
There hasn't really been a band good enough to take over GN’R’s popularity and style. It was the perfect band. Axl Rose, the singer, was the man with unbelievable voice. Slash, the guitarist, was even more talented than Axl Rose but his tool was his guitar.
It is all too easy now to get snobbish about Guns N' Roses...and indeed about the style of music which they played.
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:40
Yes you heard right Guns and Roses.Probably the best rock band ever.Let me tell you a little something about them.
Some of you may be too young to have ever witnessed there ever lasting talent.
Before Nirvana came and ruined, or saved depending on your point of view, rock, GNR ruled the roost. They were angry young men in a world of big hair and too much foundation (that’s the men not the women by the way). Axl Rose called Guns N’ Roses the ‘most dangerous band on the planet’. And they were. They caused riots, upset the people that mattered, did things their way. They did it the right way, the rock way. But most importantly they, like the devil, had the tunes.
Axl knew how to put a band together. His right hand man, Slash, will go down in history as one of the best rock guitarists ever to pick up a six string. Unlike many super-talented strummers, he had taste and an ear for a good melody. He could play eight million notes a second but didn’t see why he should just to impress you. He didn’t care about anything or anyone, the perfect attitude for a rock guitarist. But to a degree Slash wouldn’t have been half the guitarist he was without the support of Izzy Stadlin. Izzy’s rhythm guitar smashed against Slash’s lead lines, both underpinning and fighting the melody. He was the football defender with a hat-trick goal average.
Live this pairing really came into its own. While Axl was snarling down the front, sending the crowd into hysterics, these two wrapped it all up in their twelve bits of wire.
There hasn't really been a band good enough to take over GN’R’s popularity and style. It was the perfect band. Axl Rose, the singer, was the man with unbelievable voice. Slash, the guitarist, was even more talented than Axl Rose but his tool was his guitar.
It is all too easy now to get snobbish about Guns N' Roses...and indeed about the style of music which they played.
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:53
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ur right, they are a were a brilliant band. But u forgot the other!!! Drummer-Matt Soreum:Capable of a fifteen minute drum solo (See "Use your illusion II" Tokyo 1992). Bass-Duff Mackagen:There from the start, think Jack Bruce (Cream) with a heavy Metal twist. Rythm Guitar 1992 Onwards-Gilby Clark- Not as good as Izzy in my opinion but a ruddy good guitarist still. Piano and Keyboards-Dizzy Reed:The beer sumo wrestling rock equivilant of Jools Holland. Lead guitarist- As U said, Slash, Master of the Gibson Les Paul and Marshall Stack. Still going strong today. Lead Vocals-Backed by the whole band, William Axle Rose-A legend among rock singer. Rumor has it he's still been trying to get a band back together to this day. Guns'N'Roses. One of the best rock bands in history.
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:07
GUNS AND ROSES.......COMPLETELY SH!TE
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:08
The new GnR album 'Chinese Democracy' was supposed to be out already, but it keeps getting delayed in amongst rumours of Axl Rose needing hair transplants. Also guitarist Buckethead recently left the band.

I'm certainly old enough to remember GnR, and 'Appetite for Destruction' is an awesome album. The follow ups had their moments, but by then Axl Rose was trying too hard to be the hard rock Paul McCartney/Elton John.

The main reason why no band has taken on their mantle is that grunge came along, and suddenly the press and the public couldn't give two monkeys on a bike about rock music. That's continued until recently, though the tide is turning now, and if another great rock band came along, they would be huge.....
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:18
little kiwi wrote:
> GUNS AND ROSES.......COMPLETELY SH!TE

Have you ever heard to a Guns N' Roses song? I think not. Guns N' Roses ruled and still rule! They have so many great songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Knockin' on Heaven's door, Don't Cry, I could just keep going, the list is endless.

They are and always will be one of my favourite bands of all time!
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:43
Regular
Guns N Rose are crap, there not a rock band there Heavy Metal anyway, they made two good songs Sweet Child and Heavens Door the rest is dated PAP!
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:48
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Skash's riffs from Sweet Child Of Mine were the best!
Thu 30/08/01 at 20:51
Do you want to know why gnr r the greatest band ever because they had everything to make a perfect band.Great singer and great instumentalists.Not anything wrong with them.They r meant to be comiong back by the end of this year.They r supposed 2 b bringing out a greatest hits album aswell.Which is no point because most of there songs are just pure quality.
Thu 30/08/01 at 21:14
Greatest band ever? A good band, but no way near the greatest. As for the new album Slash hasn't been in the band for a long time, so it won't be the same dynamic in the band.
Thu 30/08/01 at 22:33
Regular
They released one good album Appetite for Destruction, the rest was pap. As for Axels singing goddamn it thatg guy can scream with the best of them, t call him whiney would be a total understatement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.