GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chat Forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 11:25
Regular
I don't understand what it is, before Special reserve I was a bit fan of comic chat, I must have spent about £300 of my dads phone bill just chatting away mindlessly before this place. The thing is, I don't see whats so appealing, we have to waiyt a few minutes for an answer, lots of people argue pointlessly, and people post really annoying topics about things that have no relevance.
The good thing about this site is, it's completly open, everyone can have a say and find out news about their favourite things, lots of people enjoy it and crack jokes.
What keeps us here? is it the chance to win a GaD or FaD? well, no, you've made friends here and for some reason, even though you've never seen most of them before you can't leave them.
Thu 30/08/01 at 17:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:
> Not sure about the chat thing, they tried that already and it
> bombed.

Bit likt the MSN conversations at night with some of
> you.
Most are good, some are inane beyond belief and others have
> been blocked so I can't be hassled.

These forums are nice,
> civilised and informative.
Sure there are some explosions now and
> then, but always resolved in a nice manner and we all carry on
> re-treading same old ground.

:-D

he he, bet you blocked me.

Think FM did then unblocked me... then blocked me again

Excellent
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:03
Regular
this place just adds to the big problem that i have....net addiction
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:23
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's still a nice place to be, although it's a bit quiet at the moment.
Thu 30/08/01 at 13:15
Regular
It's not quite as cozy as it used to be... they were once one of the most relaxing places I know.

(We had the perfect society, and it vanished before our eyes... why? Stupid spamming kids.)

Meh... whatcha gonna do?
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not sure about the chat thing, they tried that already and it bombed.

Bit likt the MSN conversations at night with some of you.
Most are good, some are inane beyond belief and others have been blocked so I can't be hassled.

These forums are nice, civilised and informative.
Sure there are some explosions now and then, but always resolved in a nice manner and we all carry on re-treading same old ground.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> I reckon if we took away GaD and FaD, these forums would be emptier
> than Vanessa Feltz's cookie jar.

LOL!!!!!! Where'd you think that up!?!? {:D

Nah, I think the forums would still live on with the Notables and quite a few regulars.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:43
Regular
How about trying out that theory? :0)
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I reckon if we took away GaD and FaD, these forums would be emptier than Vanessa Feltz's cookie jar.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:11
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Sr has a very good chat room, but people tend to stay here or talk on MSN IM. + FM, whats the URL for the site you downloaded all those X-Box videos from, they seem to have had quite an impact on you.
Thu 30/08/01 at 12:07
Regular
"Don't mess"
it may be a sort of gaming community, but i know people here who spek to each other outside of this web site, my tip would be to add some proper chat rooms, that would keep people looking for an immediate respose on this site and away from others

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.